It was always going to happen, and some people have waited longer than others for it. That's right, KFC has launched their own vegan chicken burger.
The Quorn burger is specially coated in KFC's signature blend of herbs and spices, with lettuce and vegan mayo in a bun to create what looks, and probably tastes, like a classic chicken burger.
Unfortunately, it is currently only being trialled in London, Bristol and The Midlands, which is pretty insulting because the North West love a good KFC – but let's just hope it's a massive success down there.
The burger, which they've called the Imposter, will launch on the 15th June in select stores and will run until July 17th – and will cost you £2.99 on its own and £3.49 with a drink.
And if you happen to be travelling to London, or through The Midlands, below are the stores you'll be able to chow down on an Imposter Burger at:
- Bristol – Fishponds
- Bristol – Bradley Stoke
- Bristol – Winterstoke Road
- Bristol – Eastgate Retail Park
- Bristol – Avonmeads Retail Park
- Bristol – Shield Retail Park
- Bristol – Keynsham
- Bristol – Hengrove Leisure Park
- Bristol – The Venue Cribbs Causeway
- Birmingham – Great Bridge Retail Pk
- Bloxwich – Leamore Lane
- Cannock – Orbital Retail Park
- Tamworth – Ventura Retail Park
- Tyburn – Kingsbury Road
- Walsall – Junction 10 M6 Services
- Walsall – Park Street
- Dudley – Merry Hill Food Court
- Dudley – Merry Hill Drive Thru
- Stourbridge – St Johns Road
- London – Gloucester Road
Otherwise, we suggest all you Manc vegans start saying your prayers, and hope the Imposter goes down a storm at the above locations, because if so, KFC has said they will roll it out nationwide – which would be pretty lucrative for them if the Greggs vegan sausage roll or Burger King's Impossible burger is anything to go by!