M&S is renowned for its fine food. The aisles are stacked with items that are widely considered a level above many other supermarkets. It’s the shop you visit when you want to treat yourself.
But for all the fine cuts of meat and mighty-fresh vegetables, one of M&S’ most popular products has remained their confectionary creation Percy Pigs.
These chewy, gooey sweets are a strong favourite among kids and adults alike – and it’s always cause for celebration when someone finds a way to infuse the fruity flavours into something new entirely.
Percy Pig cocktails took social media by storm last month, and now another user has successfully created some crispy bars containing the famous pink snouts.
The recipe was posted online by Instagram user @mollysmunchies_ – and the crunchy bars look refreshingly simple to make.
The ingredients you’ll need are:
- 40g butter
- Two bags of mini marshmallows
- 125grams M&S Percy Pig dessert sauce
- 100grams Rice Krispies or equivalent rice pop cereal
- 170grams bag M&S Percy Pigs, chopped/torn into small pieces
Then, there’s ten steps involved in whipping up the recipe:
- Line a large square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter over a low heat in a large saucepan, stirring until completely melted.
- Add 200g mini marshmallows into the saucepan (set 50g aside for decoration).
- Stir carefully until completely melted and take off the heat.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies until completely covered in the marshmallow mixture.
- Add 125g of torn-up Percy pigs and stir gently.
- Carefully press into the baking tin until flat and even.
- Top with the remaining 50g mini marshmallows and 45g Percy Pig sweets, lightly pressing into the mixture.
- Chill in the fridge for at least four hours, ideally overnight.
- Carefully slice into bars with a sharp knife.