We know, we know.
It's Dry January. You're hitting the gym. You're saving money. It's new year, new you.
The thing is, restaurants in Manchester know this, too. That's why the prices of food and drink are being slashed all over town throughout the month.
Below are a few featured offers for you to get stuck into, but if you scroll down to the bottom, we've provided a pretty healthy list of seriously good discounts happening throughout the city centre.
If you haven't heard about the absolutely mouth-watering burgers from Get Chucked in Urmston, you've probably seen them.
These towering meat feasts are all over social media at the moment, with hundreds of hungry punters eagerly posting images online before getting stuck in.
Beef and bread are high on the list of no-no's for January... usually. But get this - Get Chucked are plating up their bulky burgers for half the price during Sunday to Thursday throughout the month.
That includes all the big favourites like the Luther 2.0 burger (with smoked streaky bacon and glazed donut bun), the Seoul Seeker (with buttermilk fried chicken, asian slaw and sweet & spicy Asian sauce), and the veggie/vegan options like the Not Chuck Not Cheese burger. There's also an intriguing sounding Shroomhalloum burger.,
Prebook a table to redeem the offer by calling Get Chucked on 0161 613 3699 or book online.
Peru Perdu at the Cotton Factory
Still don't think you want to indulge? No problem. Peru Perdu at the Cotton Factory has what you need to flush out your post-New Year's hangover and get you going in 2020.
The restaurant's January detox lunch special includes any ceviche plate or a vegetarian green papaya salad, a smoothie bowl & a raw juice for £15 per person.
There's also be a three-day raw juice detox available on Deliveroo, which includes four fresh juices:
- Orange - lemon, ginger, turmeric, carrot, apple, orange flower
- Pink - watermelon, cardamom, mint
- Green - cucumber, kale, lemon, green apple, aloe Vera
- Purple - beetroot, açai, lemon, ginge
For full details, check out @PeruPerdu_MCR Instagram.
If you do decide to sack off Dry January, you can grab a great deal on Pisco Sours here all month. Two for one, baby.
Alston Bar & Beef
Mighty steakhouse Alston Bar & Beef has a brand new menu this year - and they're offering a set meal deal for the first month of 2020 to celebrate.
There's an array of brand new dishes to get your teeth into, as well the old favourites like haggis pakora, chicken & leek puff pastry pie, and the insane Tweed Valley steaks.
You can take your pick from one course for £12, two for £15, or three for £18. Any Alston gin is included when ordering two courses from the set menu.
The offer is available from Monday - Thursday 12-6pm, and Friday & Saturday 12-4pm.
Alston's Butcher's Cut offer is also back - which includes a butcher's cut meal and bottle of wine for £50 for two people.
If you really are serious about getting healthy this month, it might be worth hitting up KBK. They've got a bunch of meal plan discounts during January that could help you shed some pounds, pack on muscle and kickstart 2020 in the best possible way.
- 25% off KBK Gain 4 & Gain 5 Meal plans
- 20% off the KBK Stay Lean 2 & 3 Meal
- 20% off the KBK Vegetarian 2 & 3 Meal
- 20% off the KBK Plant Based 2 and 3 Meal
KBK is also offering a huge 50% discount on the three-day Juice Cleanse and 40% off the five-day Juice Cleanse in January - which should serve to reboot that immune system.
Visit KBK.co.uk for more info.
The Counter House
The Counter House has become a very popular addition to Ancoats' Cutting Room Square in recent months - and they're helping Mancunians recuperate from Christmas by co-sponsoring every item from their plant-based food and cold press juice menus, Monday to Friday throughout January.
The result sounds like a winner: great-tasting food, at a fraction of the price, for a fitter-feeling mindset.
You can read the menu here.
To grab the discount, book online and add ‘Reboot 2020’ to the comments field.
And that's only a handful of the offers available. Feast your eyes on these major discounts happening in and around Manchester all month long:
- The Bay Horse Tavern – 50% off food, Monday – Friday.
- Cane & Grain – 50% off food, Sunday to Friday.
- TNQ – 50% OFF FOOD, Monday to Friday from 12pm – 10.30pm. Quote ‘JAN SALE’ when booking.
- Tariff & Dale – Dinner for 2 for £35 includes a two-course meal and a bottle of wine. Available Monday to Thursday.
- Three Little Words – 50% off food, Sunday to Friday (excludes after 5pm on the 5th and Monday 6th all day). Must prebook online or over phone quoting code 'Ginuary sale'.
- Dive NQ x Zumu – 50% off food. All day. Every day. No exclusions.
- Dog Bowl – 50% OFF food.
- Black Dog – 50% OFF food.
- Cottonopolis – 5 courses for £18 per person. The Set Menu is available Monday – Friday and booking is required.
- BAB – 50% off BABS, Monday to Wednesday.
- Crazy Pedro’s – Slices for £2 / Full Pizza for £10 (EXTENDED HAPPY HOUR) available every day until 10pm.
- Alberts Schloss – 50% off food, available Monday to Friday all day from 6 Jan – 30 Jan.
- Almost Famous – 50% off burgers, Monday to Thursday from 6 Jan – 30 Jan.
- Oast House – 40% off food, Sunday to Friday. Running from Tuesday 7 until 31 Jan if you sign up to their newsletter.
- Cibo – 50% off food.
- BLVD – 50% off food. Available Sunday to Thursday. Quote blvd50.
- Red’s True BBQ – 51% off food, all day Sunday to Thursday.
- Iberica – 50% off food, Sunday to Thurday. Reservation only.
- The Alchemist – 50% off food when booked in advance.
- Gorilla – 50% off food when booked in advance. Available Monday to Friday, all day from 7 Jan to 7 Feb.
- The Pen & Pencil – 50% off food, Monday to Friday.
- The Deaf Institute – 50% off food all day, Monday to Friday from 7 Jan to 7 Feb.
- Luck, Lust, Liquor & Burn – 50% off Tacos and Burritos, Monday to Thursday from the 6 Jan – 30 Jan.
- The Botanist – 40% off food at Media City, Deansgate and Alderley Edge between Sunday and Friday.
- Masons Restaurant Bar – 50% off the a la carte menu. Book online and quote "Happy 2020". Available 2 Jan - 31 Jan. Valid at any time except after 6pm on Saturdays
- Foundry Project – 50% off food from the 2 Jan until the 31 Jan, between 12pm and 9pm.
- The Jane Eyre – 25% off food, all day Monday to Friday.
- Foodwell / Firefly – 50% off food, Monday to Sunday excluding Saturday after 5pm.
- San Carlo Fumo - 50% off food
- Bock - £8 croque and bock - croque sandwich with pommes frites with pint or small glass of wine for £8. Available Tuesday to Friday 12-4pm.
- Sam's Chop House - 50% off food when booked in advance. Excludes selected premium dishes (steaks, salmon, cheese board). Not available on Sat.
- Albert Square Chop House - 50% off food when booked in advance. Excludes selected premium dishes (steaks, salmon, cheese board). Not available on Sat.
- Bierkeller - 50% off food. Valid daily on normal menu. Must book in advance.
- Manahatta - 50% off main food menu, Sunday to Thursday.
- Grill on New York Street - 50% off food and 20% off Sunday roasts. Available until 24 January when booking in advance.
- The Font Manchester - 50% off food, all day, every day, throughout January. Not available at The Font Chorlton.
- Bistrotheque at Cultureplex - £25 for 3 courses. Available 6th-30th January. Available Mon-Thurs. Max 6 people.
- Gaucho - 40% off food on a la carte menu, Sunday to Thursday. Must be booked in advance quoting 'Jan40'.
- Elnecot - 40% off food Monday to Friday (excluding steaks) 3 Jan to 31 Jan. Must be booked through Residiary quoting ‘January offer’. There’s also 20% off food and drink Saturdays and Sundays in January.
- Sushi Marvel - 20% off a lar carte menu at the Ancoats branch, Monday to Friday, 12pm to 3pm.
Get booking, peeps...