McDonald’s shares exact date drive-thrus will reopen in Greater Manchester

The restaurant chain has revealed when it plans to reopen hundreds more outlets for drive-thru and McDelivery across the UK.

McDonald’s has revealed exclusively to The Mirror today its plans for reopening drive-thrus and expanding delivery capabilities across the country, including outlets in Greater Manchester.

The fast-food chain is apparently set to reopen all of its drive-thrus next week as high streets begin to get back into business following over two months of UK lockdown amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

McDonald’s has said that 975 more outlets will reopen to the public, but this is providing that customers are able to keep in line with social distancing and safety guidelines.

In a statement released to the publication today, the chain confirmed that: “We can today announce that by 4th June 2020, 1,020 our restaurants will have reopened, either for drive-thru or McDelivery. This means every Drive Thru in the UK and Ireland will reopen between Tuesday and Thursday next week and we will start to expand the availability of McDelivery too”.

“This is only possible following the hard work of the teams in our 44 pilot restaurants. Over the last fortnight, our employees, franchisees and suppliers have worked tirelessly to implement new procedures to enable safe working so that we can now help all parts of the UK and Ireland to enjoy the return of the Big Mac.”

“In the last week, on occasion, we have taken the decision to close drive-thru lanes where demand has impacted local communities or the safety of our people or customers.”

“We will continue to work with local authorities and the police as we extend our reopening plans. With smaller teams, we will still be offering a limited menu over reduced hours, and we ask that you make contactless payments and limit your spend to £25.”

To manage anticipated demand, McDonald’s has said that it will be releasing the locations of the reopening restaurants on the morning of each day.

It’s also believed that a just one order per car will be permitted, but this has not yet been confirmed.

Chief Executive of McDonald’s UK & Ireland, Paul Pomroy, has previously informed the public that: “When your local drive-thru does reopen, it will be different. Our service will not be as quick as you might be used to, as we adjust to smaller teams and social distancing in our kitchens.”

“We expect there will be some queues for some of our busier sites and our restaurants will look different, with Perspex screens at our drive-thru windows and employees wearing protective equipment.”

“I ask that you continue to be supportive of and patient with our restaurant teams as we slowly and safely return. We are asking all of our employees to adapt to how our restaurants now work, and will only reopen at a pace that enables them to work safely.”

More to follow.

Got a video/story?

Let us know!