Meat lovers are in for a treat, as it’s been announced that a new all-you-can-eat Brazilian rodizio is opening in Altrincham.
Brought to the Trafford market town by one of the restauranteurs behind Fazenda, new opening Jardim Rodizio will offer diners top-quality Brazilian-style steak in a bottomless dining setting.
Fazenda co-founder Robert Melman is behind the new concept, which will be launching inside the Old Post Rooms in Altrincham later this year.
Jardim, which translates simply to ‘garden’ from Portuguese, will be Robert’s first foray into opening his own restaurant since leaving the Fazenda group. / Image: Fazendo Group
Jardim, which translates simply to ‘garden’ from Portuguese, will be Robert’s first foray into opening his own restaurant since leaving the Fazenda group.
A project that began in lockdown, it will now be brought to life – taking over a building that has stood empty for over a year.
ADVERTISEMENT
In traditional rodizio style, meats here will be served directly off the cooking spit – sliced and plated right at your table, adding a theatrical edge to your Brazilian steakhouse experience.
New opening Jardim Rodizio from Fazenda co-founder Robert Melman will offer diners top-quality Brazilian-style steak in a bottomless dining setting. / Image: Fazenda Group
Diners will pay a fixed price, with servers bringing around a host of different options to your table until you can’t possibly muster anymore.
ADVERTISEMENT
Popular cuts found in rodizio restaurants tend to include maminha beef (a tri-tip sirloin steak exclusive to rodizio restaurants), frango com bacon (chicken wrapped in bacon), and linguiça (a mild Brazilian sausage).
Whilst the full details of the menu are still yet to be revealed, Robert has mentioned that there will be a salad bar in the 120-cover restaurant.
Jardim is due to open at 70 Stamford New Road in Altrincham this November / Image: Fazenda Group
If the Jardim salad bar is anything like the legendary one at Fazenda, we expect that this will be a reason to visit all on its own. Veggies and vegans should fear not.
ADVERTISEMENT
Robert told the MEN: “I wanted to create something new where I can add the personal touch again.
“Jardim has been a lockdown project of mine and I am loving the excitement of bringing something new to Altrincham.
He also revealed that he had not been able to say goodbye to his team when departing from Fazenda, who he considered as being like family, and commented that “as brands grow bigger that personality can be lost.”
Jardim is due to open at 70 Stamford New Road in Altrincham this November. To keep up with the restaurant, follow it on Instagram here.
Feature image – Jardim Rodizio
News
Hundreds of staff to strike at four Greater Manchester hospitals next week
Emily Sergeant
Hundreds of staff at four of Greater Manchester’s hospitals are set to strike next week.
More than 350 Northern Care Alliance Foundation Trust (NCA) employees – including nurses, clinical support workers and housekeepers – are walking out for three days next week after union UNISON says an offer to ‘resolve’ a dispute was withdrawn before discussions could take place.
According to the union, the dispute centres on the NCA’s use of an outside agency called NHS Professionals (NHSP) to manage overtime.
When covering staff shortages, workers are entitled to time-and-a-half pay – however in some cases, staff earn less than they would on a normal shift, and some have even been missing out on more than £80 per shift, the union added.
Operating theatre staff were previously on picket lines in June, and although an option to resolve the row was initially tabled by NCA bosses, this has now fallen through.
Hundreds of staff at four of Greater Manchester’s hospitals are set to strike next week / Credit: Stephen Andrews (via Unsplash)
This means that staff at Salford Royal Hospital, Royal Oldham Hospital, Rochdale Infirmary, and Fairfield Hospital in Bury are walking out next week on Monday 24, Wednesday 26, and Friday 28 August.
In particular, staff from all four sites will also gather in Salford on Wednesday (26 August) for a ‘unified’ day of protest.
Understandably, some disruption is expected at each of the hospitals on strike days.
“Those at the top of NCA have shown a lack of leadership and made their disregard for their staff clear,” explained UNISON North West regional organiser, Kevin Dolan.
“A deal was put on the table but taken away before we had chance to talk it over. We are ready to continue negotiations, but it’s obvious NCA has no intention of resolving this.
“This isn’t complicated. Staff are simply asking for what their contract says they’re entitled to. Nothing more.”
Featured Image – Pxhere
News
Wetherspoons introduces new phone rule at all UK pubs after customers are ‘driven nuts’
Emily Sergeant
JD Wetherspoon has announced a major new phone rule in all its sites across the UK after customers complain of being ‘driven nuts’.
The pub chain – which has nearly 800 branches across the UK – announced earlier this week that it has made the decision to ban people from playing music or videos out of their phones, and from taking calls on loudspeaker.
The ban, which has been introduced effective immediately, follows a rising number of complaints from customers about the noise – with owners saying sounds from smartphones and tablet computers had become an ‘increasing problem’ in recent years.
Wetherspoon founder and chairman, Tim Martin, says he wants Wetherspoon pubs to be ‘an oasis of tranquillity and contemplation’.
Wetherspoons has introduced a new phone rule at all its UK pubs after customers are ‘driven nuts’ / Credit: Allan Rohmer (via Unsplash)
A formal statement from the company announcing the ban reads: “Following complaints from customers, who are being driven nuts by other people’s videos and amplified phone conversations, Wetherspoon has asked customers to switch their phones to silent or to use earphones.”
Tim Martin added: “In order to avoid customers being driven chicken jalfrezi by a cacophony of sound, we are kindly asking phone users to pipe down.”
Wetherspoon’s ban follows a YouGov poll conducted last year questioning public opinion on a proposition made by the Liberal Democrats of introducing fines of up to £1,000 for ‘headphone dodgers’ who play music out loud on buses and trains.
62% of people, on average, said they would back this move if it was introduced.
The poll, which surveyed 6,815 British adults, found that almost three-quarters of those over 65 would support the fines, while those aged between 18 and 24 were split 47% to 43% in favour of it.
Early public reactions to Wetherspoon’s ban appears to be overwhelmingly positive.