Greater Manchester Police are on the hunt for a man who sexually assaulted a teenage girl in Salford and are appealing for anyone who might have information to come forward.
Police were called to the Broughton area of Salford around 8:30pm on Sunday, 3 December following reports that a teenage girl had been the victim of sexual assault believed to have taken place in an alleyway between Howe and Back Howe Street.
The young female is said to have been approached by a man, described as a white male dressed in all black with a black face covering, who followed her down the alleyway and caught up with her, threatening and assaulting her before he is thought to have fled the scene.
The attacker is believed to run towards Great Clowes Street following the incident and the local authorities are still trying to trace him, with any and all information into the inquiry from members of the public welcome.
Chief Inspector Lucy Smallwood, of GMP’s Salford district, said: “We do not underestimate the considerable concern this will cause for the community and I want to stress that this incident is being treated with the utmost seriousness and sensitivity.
“We are leaving no stone unturned in trying to establish the full circumstances around what happened and have a full team of detectives within our Crime Investigation Department making enquiries over the coming days.”
Urging “anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area around 8.20pm on Sunday 3 December to come forward”, she assured that any details passed on “will be treated with the strictest confidence.”
She also went on to “thank the victim for her bravery and co-operation so far, and remind people that the best support they can provide at this time is to share with us any information that could be relevant to our investigation.
“We are committed to keeping people safe in our communities across Salford, and I can reassure the public that we are doing everything we can to reinforce this.
Anyone who thinks they might have information that could help, no matter how small it may be, should contact the police on 0161 856 5187, quoting incident 2920 of 3/12/2023.
Alternatively, details can also be passed on completely anonymously to the UK’s independent crime prevention charity, Crimestoppers, either online or on 0800 555 111.
A look at the plans to turn historic Ancoats mill with rich musical heritage into new apartment complex
Hodder + Partners have just revealed new CGIs and a more detailed look at the plans for their redevelopment of the longstanding Brunswick Mill in Ancoats which is set to become a brand-new apartment complex.
The proposals to turn the once creative space with decades of musical heritage into a new residential site were revealed back in 2021 and approved within just a few months, despite having been met with plenty of resistance given its history and cultural significance.
Nevertheless, Northern company Big Red Construction recently kicked off the £50+ million renovation on behalf of developer Arrowsmith Investments and the apartments are projected to be finished in 2026.
With that in mind, the architectural designers Hodder have just released a new look at what Brunswick Mill is set to look like once completed:
Set to transform the historic industrial mill-turned-creative space and music studios on the edge of New Islington into 153 new apartments, ranging from one, two and three-bedroom residences, the redevelopment will be spread across two phases.
In line with designs by Hodder + Partners, the initial phase involves converting the existing mill building and the construction of new four and seven-storey elements to accommodate the remaining 127 homes on the Bradford Road plot in Ancoats.
Big Red Construction, who are also working on the Peelers Yard building for CERT Property and Myprotein founder Oliver Cookson, are expected to complete phase one by the first quarter of 2026.
Here’s another look at what living space people are already buying up:
Along with Hodder + Partners as architects, the project team also consists of HW Consultancy who are covering structural aspects, Manchester firm Clancy for mechanical and electrical considerations, as well as AM Pyro as fire engineers.
With property company Orlando Reid serving as estate agents for the project, 42 out of the 153 apartments have already been sold off-plan, with managing director Baljit Arora describing it as “an exciting period for all parties involved and for the city of Manchester”.
This is just the latest chapter in the continued regeneration of the Ancoats and the New Islington areas, which remain two of the most heavily re-developed areas in the city centre and Greater Manchester as a whole. You can see other hot properties in and around the region HERE.