Morrisons’ Piccadilly Gardens branch has officially opened its mega Market Kitchen – featuring rows of new food traders serving breakfast, lunch and tea.
The supermarket’s in-store food court – which has created as many as 50 new jobs – has fresh, made-to-order meals and ‘ready-to-go’ snacks both available from 7am to late.
All traders are open right now – and customers can enjoy 50% off all purchases made in store until 6 September as part of an introductory offer.
The new menu includes:
- Char & Smoke – where customers can create their own wraps or rice bowls for £5
- The Hot Pan – where each day a different dish will be made ranging from risottos, paellas and curries through to local hot pots for £4
- The Kitchen – where customers can opt for popular classics such as pie and mash, lasagne and Hunters Chicken or treat themselves to pizza by the metre from £4
- Fresh porridge served with a choice of fillings until 11.00am from £1
- Seasonal soups from the Soup Kitchen served after 11.30am for £1.50
- A barista bar selling freshly ground coffee and pastries from £0.75.
A catering menu is also available for local businesses or larger groups with items such as a Chicken Wrap Box (serving six for £15) or a Hot Sandwich Breakfast Box (for six people priced at £12).
Hannah Munns, Morrisons’ Head of Market Kitchen, said: “The chefs in our Market Kitchen will use ingredients straight from our famous Market Street to create delicious seasonal meals for customers that are made to order.
“It means that customers can pop in and pick up their next meal while also buying the groceries they need for future meals.
“And, thanks to our partnership with Deliveroo, customers across Manchester will be able to enjoy their favourite dishes from our menu without leaving their kitchen.”
Residents living within 2.5 miles of the Piccadilly Gardens store can place Market Kitchen orders via the Deliveroo app or website for home delivery.
Between Thursday 27 August and Tuesday 1 September, delivery is free.
Following this period, a charge of £4.50 will be applied.
Learn more and read the full menu online.