A formal update and police statement has now been issued following a stabbing at a high school in Manchester earlier this morning.
Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said officers were called to reports of a stabbing at a school on Plant Hill Road in Blackley – confirmed to be Co-op Academy Manchester – earlier this morning (Tuesday 9 June 2026), and when they arrived on the scene, they discovered that two students and a teacher had been injured.
Staff were quick to detain a girl to ensure no further harm came to pupils or staff, before police arrived shortly afterwards.
A 14-year-old girl was arrested on suspicion of section 18 assault, and remains in custody for questioning.
At this time, officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident and have stated that there is no wider threat to the public.
ADVERTISEMENT
The police have issued a statement after a triple stabbing at a Manchester high school / Credit: GMP
As mentioned, three people were injured during the incident – a 14-year-old schoolgirl, a 14-year-old schoolboy, and a 27-year-old male member of staff. All were taken to hospital, however thankfully, their injuries are not believed to be serious, and they are stable at this time.
Giving a statement following the shocking incident earlier this morning, Chief Inspector Jon Shilvock said: “We understand that this incident will have cause concern to pupils, staff and the wider school community.
ADVERTISEMENT
“The incident was swiftly and quickly dealt with by staff before officers attended to arrest the girl. There is believed to be no wider threat at this time, and we thank everyone for their support as emergency services dealt with this.
“We are not looking anyone further in connection this with this incident.
“Officers will remain at the school and within the area to provide a visible presence and community reassurance.”
Featured Image – Google Maps
Crime
Murder investigation launched after man stabbed to death in Levenshulme over weekend
Emily Sergeant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a young man in Levenshulme over the weekend.
Greater Manchester Police (GMP) explained that officers were called to reports of a man who suffered ‘serious stab wounds’ on Chapel Street at around 7:06pm on Saturday evening (15 August), and once they arrived on the scene, the victim was pronounced dead despite the best efforts of emergency services.
The identity of the victim has not yet been announced, but it has been confirmed that he was a 24-year-old man.
Work is ongoing to locate the victim’s next of kin, and several scenes remain in place while the police investigation continues.
According to police, it is believed that this was an ‘isolated incident’ with no wider threat to the public.
While a 27-year-old man has already been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in police custody, GMP have still issued a public appeal for information.
“Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the victim in this tragic incident,” commented Detective Inspector Alex Wilkinson, from GMP’s Major Incident Team.
“Officers acted swiftly to arrest a man, who is in our custody for questioning.
“Our investigation is ongoing and we would like to hear from anyone who may have information that can assist us.”
Can you help? Anyone in the Chapel Street area around the time of this incident, or who has mobile phone, CCTV, Ring doorbell and dashcam footage, can contact police on 0161 856 9008 quoting the log number 2983 of 15/08/2026.
“Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Featured Image – GMP
Crime
Student police officer charged with off-duty rape and kidnap of woman in Manchester
Emily Sergeant
A student police officer has been charged with the rape and kidnap of a woman in Manchester while he was off duty.
Mohammad Hassan, 23-years-old and of Asian-Pakistani ethnicity, has been remanded in custody following the charges, and has been suspended Greater Manchester Police (GMP).
The charges – which have been authorised by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) following a police investigation – relate to reports made to authorities on the evening of Saturday 8 August 2026, which ended in a police pursuit on the M62 in West Yorkshire.
Following the police pursuit, a woman was safeguarded at the scene, and continues to be supported by specialist officers and support services.
Hassan has been charged with oral rape, kidnap, strangulation, sexual assault, theft of mobile phone, and dangerous driving.
He is set to appear at Manchester Magistrates’ Court today (11 August).
“GMP detectives and staff have been working on this investigation throughout the last 48 hours to ensure charges are brought in this case,” explained GMP Assistant Chief Constable, Mark Dexter.
“The victim is our priority, and we are ensuring she continues to receive specialist support. Criminal proceedings must now take its course without interference.
“I understand, and share, the feeling among the public and our thousands of hard-working, decent staff who will have seen this news. Proceedings are underway and necessary action will be decisively taken within the regulations.”