A brand new Tenpin venue is opening at Manchester Printworks this week– featuring 12 bowling lanes,four table games, two bars, and one American-style restaurant.
The massive Withy Grove site is Tenpin’s 46th in the UK; spanning two floors.
Table tennis, pool, beer pong, shuffleboard will all be available to play – with a karaoke room open for wannabe singers.
The Manchester venue will also be the first Tenpin with fully-interactive lanes – as high-speed infrared cameras detect movement and project graphics into the room.
The venue’s new food menu, exclusive to Manchester, features burgers, hot dogs and sharers, all available alongside cocktails with an on-lane service.
Guests can enjoy a game of bowling, food and a drink from £15 per person, or a game of bowling and a drink from just £9 per person.
Paul Grayson, GM of the new venue said: “We’re really pleased to finally be able to reveal our incredible new Manchester venue to the city.
“We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to build something that Manchester will love and the team have created an incredible space where guests can drink, eat and play all under one roof.
“We’re excited to be the first Tenpin venue to have all interactive lanes, and we’ve also added beer pong, shuffleboard tables and a karaoke room to our range of entertainment options for the first time too.
“We want every person who visits us to feel like they could lose a whole day in here!”
Tenpin Manchester will be the bowling giant’s first new venue this year and will launch in line with government guidance.
According to owners, more than thirty new jobs will be created in local hospitality as a result.
Eight of the twelve lanes will open initially to ensure space for players, whilst guests are being asked to wear masks and their own shoes to bowl in (refraining from wearing open toes, heels or wedges).
Staff will be conducting regular cleaning of lanes, games and surfaces.
Tenpin Manchester welcomes guests for the first time on 18 September.
Opening hours will be Sunday to Wednesday from 10am until 1am, with a later closing time of 2.30am Thursday to Saturday.
Reservations can be made in advance via the website.
Manchester United reject offers for Mason Greenwood as rep says he ‘should be allowed to move forward with his young life’
Manchester United have reportedly rejected a number of offers for Mason Greenwood as the club continues their internal investigation into his behaviour.
The club have reportedly received a number of offers for the young forward from Turkish teams in recent weeks and months while Greenwood has been suspended from playing or training. He has yet to return to the sport after charges of attempted rape, controlling and coercive behaviour and assault occasioning actual bodily harm were dropped.
The charges handed down in January 2022 were ultimately dropped last month when key witnesses withdrew, more than a year on from the incident that was widely circulated on social media.
Now, following a behind-the-scenes feature by The Athletic and ‘new material’ leading the Crown Prosecution Service to drop the case for the foreseeable, it seems United are now the only party still investigating Greenwood, with his own team and figures around the club pushing for a resolution.
Speaking to Laurie Whitwell as part of the piece, one of Greenwood’s representatives argued that there is “no real substance” to the allegations, them “a mix of old news, speculation, half-truths and completely untrue claims.”
He went on to say, “Mason is 21, he has been cleared and should be allowed the opportunity to rebuild and move forward with his young life.”
Another source is also said to have told the outlet that the youngster has been fundamentally changed by the experience, insisting that he “would run through a brick wall” to be back playing at United.
As for the club’s stance, it remains to be seen what their final decision on his future will be, but it was reported earlier this month that a potential return is still “firmly under consideration” and his number 11 shirt has not yet been vacated as many would have expected if he was set to move on.
On the other hand, the article goes on to detail questions surrounding Greenwood’s conduct and general attitude during his relatively short time as a senior player too, the suggestion being that he was slacking in training because “he knew he was a good player”.
His attendance at Carrington is said to have been raised as an issue on more than one occasion and then-manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær often covered for training sessions and games he missed after failing to turn up to the team hotel for “unexplained absences”.
Another source who watched him play aged just 16 also went on to reveal that Bradford-born academy product “wasn’t shy about telling someone they were s***”, apparently even calling out Cristiano Ronaldo as “dead [finished]” when he was still at Real Madrid.
Greenwood played over 100 senior games for United and was widely considered one of the brightest young prospects in England, let alone the club, but the career trajectory he looked to be on is widely different from the problematic position he finds himself in now, regardless of any offers from abroad.
So, after setting up a fake consultancy firm based out of Seoul, South Korea called Hanseong Consulting and inviting along a number of MPs, many of whom either previously held or currently sit in senior party positions, they began holding Zoom interviews with the various candidates to see if they’d be interested.
More importantly, however, the crucial question was “how much would they want to be paid?”. The likes of former Matt Hancock and Kwasi Kwarteng had very simple but nevertheless astounding answers:
As you can see in the trailer for the full mini-documentary, both the former health secretary and the ex-Chancellor of the Exchequer quoted their day rate as up to £10,000.
In fact, Hancock broke down his figures even further, insisting that an hourly rate would equate to “around £1,500”. Wonder how that sizes up to the fee he was paid to be on I’m A Celeb? (yes, that wasn’t a fever dream, it really happened). We’ll let you do the nauseating maths on that one.
Other Tories who were duped into putting themselves forward for the made-up job included Gavin Williamson, Stephen Hammond and the Chairman of the party’s 1922 Committee (a private members group known to influencers backbenchers), Sir Graham Brady.
Well, they were the only ‘candidates’ to have issued statements after the fact trying to play down the story, anyway. The campaigners approached 20 different MPs under the guise of the fabricated company, with other individuals dropping out in more preliminary stages.
After having asked for £60k a year on top of his £48k annual salary as the representative for Manc constituency Altrincham and Sale West, this would have been Brady’s fourth job besides his two marketing and comms advisory roles, but assured he would always act “within the Code of Conduct”.
Hammond had more to say on the matter, responding that “scamming is an unpleasant activity undertaken with malicious intent”, while Hancock’s office responded by labelling it a “failed attempt at entrapment” and insisted he is free to look at “exploratory options” as he is set to stand down as an MP.
Led By Donkeys are now in the process of gradually releasing each one of the fake job interviews in full on their YouTube channel.