Police have issued a public appeal for information after a teenage boy was killed in a collision between a car and an e-bike.
Greater Manchester Police (GMP) explained that, at around 11:55am on Monday 21 July, officers responded to reports of a collision on Rowrah Crescent in the Middleton area, and emergency services immediately attended – but despite their best efforts, a 15-year-old boy was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
An investigation has been launched following the distressing incident, and police are are working to establish the full circumstances.
A 59-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder, and remains in custody for questioning at this time.
Police are appealing after a teenager was killed in a collision between a car and an e-bike in Middleton / Credit: GMP | Pxfuel
Police are also investigating allegations of a theft in the events leading up to collision, and another boy, also aged 15, has been arrested on suspicion of theft as part of that ongoing work.
ADVERTISEMENT
“This terrible incident has seen the death of a teenage boy, and we are working hard to establish the full facts of this case, in what is the very early stages of an investigation,” commented Detective Chief Inspector Christopher Dean, from GMP’s Rochdale district.
“A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and will be questioned in due course.
ADVERTISEMENT
“While officers are already in place to support the family of the boy who has died today, I want to remind people that at the heart of this is a grieving family, and I would ask the community to not speculate on social media while we piece together the events of earlier today.”
Rowrah Crescent in Middleton, where the collision happened / Credit: Google Maps
A scene remains in place on Rowrah Crescent, and GMP says officers will be able to assist any locals with queries or concerns they may have.
Now that the investigation is ongoing, police are now appealing to the public for information – with DCI Dean adding: “As our work progresses, I would ask anyone with information to please come forward – whether you witnessed anything, or have any dashcam, CCTV, or doorbell footage from the area.”
Any information or footage can be submitted by contacting GMP via 101, or on the Live Chat service at gmp.police.uk, quoting log 1364 of 22/07/25.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Featured Image – Google Maps
News
Wetherspoons introduces new phone rule at all UK pubs after customers are ‘driven nuts’
Emily Sergeant
JD Wetherspoon has announced a major new phone rule in all its sites across the UK after customers complain of being ‘driven nuts’.
The pub chain – which has nearly 800 branches across the UK – announced earlier this week that it has made the decision to ban people from playing music or videos out of their phones, and from taking calls on loudspeaker.
The ban, which has been introduced effective immediately, follows a rising number of complaints from customers about the noise – with owners saying sounds from smartphones and tablet computers had become an ‘increasing problem’ in recent years.
Wetherspoon founder and chairman, Tim Martin, says he wants Wetherspoon pubs to be ‘an oasis of tranquillity and contemplation’.
Wetherspoons has introduced a new phone rule at all its UK pubs after customers are ‘driven nuts’ / Credit: Allan Rohmer (via Unsplash)
A formal statement from the company announcing the ban reads: “Following complaints from customers, who are being driven nuts by other people’s videos and amplified phone conversations, Wetherspoon has asked customers to switch their phones to silent or to use earphones.”
Tim Martin added: “In order to avoid customers being driven chicken jalfrezi by a cacophony of sound, we are kindly asking phone users to pipe down.”
Wetherspoon’s ban follows a YouGov poll conducted last year questioning public opinion on a proposition made by the Liberal Democrats of introducing fines of up to £1,000 for ‘headphone dodgers’ who play music out loud on buses and trains.
62% of people, on average, said they would back this move if it was introduced.
The poll, which surveyed 6,815 British adults, found that almost three-quarters of those over 65 would support the fines, while those aged between 18 and 24 were split 47% to 43% in favour of it.
Early public reactions to Wetherspoon’s ban appears to be overwhelmingly positive.
Featured Image – Jonathan Borba (via Unsplash)
News
Tameside police appeal for witnesses after two men were stabbed and doused in chilli oil
Emily Sergeant
Police are appealing for information regarding ‘multiple incidents’ that were reported in Ashton-under-Lyne town centre earlier this week.
These incidents – which took place on Tuesday evening (18 August) – included reports of assaults involving a non-toxic liquid substances, now found to have been chilli oil, and reported stabbings – with several locations examined by detectives and forensic specialists, and scenes now in place on Stamford Street, Warrington Street, and Wood Street while investigations continue.
Two men, aged 44 and 50, were taken to hospital with injuries consistent with stab wounds, but thankfully, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) has confirmed that their injuries are not deemed life-threatening.
A 30-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman have been arrested on suspicion of Section 18 assault (grievous bodily harm) and both remain in custody for questioning.
Police believe that the incidents are linked and they are not looking for anyone else in connection.
They are, however, keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed any of the incidents or has relevant CCTV, dashcam, or mobile phone footage that could assist with ongoing investigations.
Can you help? Anyone with any information is encouraged to contact police on 101 or via LiveChat, quoting log 3984 of 18/08/26.