NINE Greater Manchester eateries have made the shortlist for major restaurant awards
The region's food and drink scene is shining, once again.
We all know Greater Manchester has a glowing – and ever-growing – food and drink scene, right?
Well, nothing proves that to be true more than the fact that a handful of the region’s best eateries, known and loved by residents all across Greater Manchester, have impressively been shortlisted in major categories at this year’s Deliveroo Restaurant Awards.
The leading food delivery service’s annual Restaurant Awards are a celebration of the best and most-loved restaurants up and down the country.
The highly-anticipated awards recognise Deliveroo’s most-popular local partners, from independent burger joints, to neighbourhood sushi restaurants, and all the dishes and flavours in between – and this year, a whopping NINE dining spots in Manchester and Salford have made the coveted shortlist for several accolades.
The popular restaurants feature in a wide range of categories, including ‘Best Chinese’, ‘Best Pizza’, and the all-important ‘Independent Restaurant of the Year’ award.
Here’s all the nominees you need to know.
Regional Cuisine Awards
- Best Chinese – Red Chilli, in Manchester
- Best Pizza – Proove, in Manchester AND Double Zero Pizza, in Chorlton
- Best Dessert – Frurt, in Manchester
- Best Indian – Mughli, in Manchester
- Best Burger – Burgerism, in Salford
- Best Breakfast & Coffee – Ezra & Gil, in Manchester AND Federal Cafe and Bar, in Manchester
- Best Japanese – Unagi Streetfood & Sushi, in Manchester
Independent Restaurant of the Year
25 restaurants from all across the UK are up for this year’s coveted ‘Independent Restaurant of the Year Award’, and Greater Manchester has two representatives.
- Burgerism, in Salford
- Unagi Streetfood & Sushi, in Manchester
Customer votes will determine five ‘Regional Restaurant of the Year’ winner, and then each of these eateries will be automatically entered into the final shortlist for the national ‘Independent Restaurant of the Year’ – which will be later judged by an esteemed panel.
Will Shu, who is both the founder and CEO at Deliveroo, says this year’s awards are “bigger and better” than ever before.
He continued: “The Restaurant Awards are designed to give our customers the chance to champion and celebrate the wealth of great food right on their doorstep, so get voting to see your favourite spots snap up the titles.”
Voting for the awards is now open via the Deliveroo Restaurant Awards website, and participating customers are automatically entered into a prize draw to win £500 of app credit.
- All the January deals, offers, and discounts at Manchester restaurants you need in 2024
- Massive vegan street food festival returns to Manchester later this month
- These are Manchester’s favourite takeaways… according to Deliveroo
You’ve got until midnight on Sunday 21 January to get your votes in, and all the winners will be announced on Deliveroo’s social channels on Thursday 15 February, so make sure to keep your eyes peeled to see who claims to title.
Get your votes in here.
Featured Image – The Manc Group