It’s been a long time coming, but after over 19 months of closure, Cosmo World Buffet is finally reopening next week.
Like most businesses across the country, the Manchester city centre branch of the ever-popular buffet restaurant chain decided to temporarily close its doors all the way back in March 2020 when the COVID-19 pandemic first began to take hold, explaining in a post on Facebook at the time that the decision was taken “out of an abundance of caution, and concern for the health and well-being of the community”
Yet, when the hospitality industry steadily started to get back on its feet once restrictions began the lift, doors to the Deansgate-based restaurant continued to stay closed, and has remained shut ever since.
Although the reasons for the restaurant remaining closed were unconfirmed, speculation came after there were concerns and queries raised nationally over how buffet, carvery, and ‘self serve’-style restaurants would reopen safely post-COVID.
Given how popular the restaurant was on the Manchester food scene when it was open, it’s understandable that foodies were disappointed at the thought of it closing down for good.
ADVERTISEMENT
But now, the day has finally come – Cosmo World Buffet is reopening on Wednesday 10 November.
Cosmo World Buffet is reopening on Wednesday 10 November / Credit: Cosmo Restaurants
Announcing its long-awaited return and grand reopening to fans in a social media post last month, Cosmo Manchester said: “It’s been a long time coming but it’s finally official – our doors will be re-opening on Wednesday 10th November [and] we’re so excited to see you all again.
ADVERTISEMENT
“It’s time to get together and enjoy an unlimited COSMO feast with us.”
If you’ve never been to Cosmo World Buffet and you’re not sure what all the hype is about, then it’s an all-you-can-eat restaurant that’s said to be inspired by the best five-star hotels in the world that are known for bringing a choice of fresh food all under the same roof to “elevate the buffet concept to new levels”.
The best of Asian, Indian, continental, Teppanyaki, carvery, and deli cuisines are all on the menu to choose from, as well as a mouth-watering selection of desserts, and endless drinks.
ADVERTISEMENT
The restaurant offers a choice of fresh food all under the same roof to “elevate the buffet concept to new levels” / Credit: Cosmo Restaurants
To celebrate the reopening, Cosmo Manchester is hosting a couple of unmissable competitions over on its Facebook page – including a £50 voucher giveaway, and the chance for 25 people to win a free dinner for four people.
Blue Light Card Holders are also invited to enjoy a trial dinner at the Deansgate restaurant too, which you can find out more about here.
Bookings from Wednesday 10 November are now available here.
Featured Image – COSMO Restaurants
Food & Drink
Team behind award-winning cocktail bar Stray to open second Manchester bar
Daisy Jackson
The team behind Manchester’s award-winning cocktail bar Stray have announced a second bar is on the way.
Bar Dos will be an all-new neighbourhood bar, promising to be the ‘tearaway younger sibling’ of Stray.
You can expect everything from pints of Stella to refined cocktails, plus DJs all weekend long.
Set to open very soon, with a September launch pencilled into our diaries already, Bar Dos will be joining a couple of other big names in a new building on Great Ancoats Street.
They’ll count Proloco and Osma as neighbours once all three ventures are up and running this year.
Stray first opened at Mackie Mayor back in 2023, and shot into the UK’s Top 50 Cocktail Bars just over a year later.
Bar Dos will open in Manchester in SeptemberBar Dos is the second site for Stray
There, it occupies a beautiful corner unit with huge windows, and an outside terrace, perfect for sipping on their best-selling cocktails like their tomato vine margarita and their Fanta Limon (a boozy version of everyone’s favourite balcony tipple).
Now ready to launch a second site, the team will soon open Bar Dos, which will be a late-night, music-focused neighbourhood bar.
DJs already announced, along with renowned artists who have curated playlists, include Space Afrika, Chunky, Private Joy, Konnie Kon of Children of Zeus, and Stray residents Rhod Parry and Stu Richards.
Bar Dos will open on Great Ancoats Street this September.
SpudBros are returning to the Trafford Centre following HUGELY successful debut
Emily Sergeant
Viral internet sensation SpudBros are returning to the Trafford Centre following their hugely successful debut.
Following the ‘overwhelming’ success of their first Trafford Centre residency earlier this summer, the UK’s most-followed jacket potato creators SpudBros are returning to the iconic retail destination for a second pop-up later this month.
Shoppers will once again be able to tuck into freshly prepared, fully loaded jacket potatoes served up in minutes, all without compromising on quality, flavour, or portion size.
The SpudBros – also known as Jacob and Harley Nelson – will, once again, be returning as part of Trafford Centre‘s annual summer fair.
At the pop-up, you’ll be able to pick from fan favourites like the Tram Classic, which is loaded with garlic butter, the signature three-cheese mix, beans, crispy onions, and world-famous ‘tram’ sauce, to the Spudfather topped with chilli con carne, tuna, and coleslaw.
There’s also a range of other flavour-packed options to tuck into, alongside the option to build your own potato, allowing every customer to create their perfect lunch.
“The response to our first week at Trafford Centre was incredible, so we couldn’t be more excited to return,” commented SpudBros co-founder, Jacob Nelson.
Viral internet sensation SpudBros are launching a special pop-up at Trafford Centre this summer / Credit: The Manc Group
“Manchester has always shown us so much support online and it was amazing to finally bring SpudBros to the city. We’re looking forward to serving even more visitors and welcoming back everyone who came to see us the first time around.”
Simon Layton, Centre Director at Trafford Centre, added: “SpudBros was a fantastic addition to our summer line-up and proved hugely popular with our visitors, so we’re delighted to welcome the team back for a second pop-up.”
The SpudBros pop-up will be located outside The Great Hall next week from Monday 24 to Saturday 29 August, serving signature loaded potatoes daily from 12-8pm.