The tram network operator said an “ongoing disruption” at Piccadilly Gardens was the cause for delays and that a number of service changes would be taking place as a result.
Metrolink tweeted: “Due to an ongoing disruption at Piccadilly Gardens, there are a number of service changes taking place on all lines running through the city centre.
ADVERTISEMENT
“We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.”
Updates so far from Metrolink refer to delays on the Bury line, with Metrolink advising services travelling in both directions between Victoria and Bury are affected.
ADVERTISEMENT
Metrolink has also reminded customers they can use their tickets on a number of commercial bus services this morning.
More to follow…
Update – trams now running through Piccadilly Gardens, but serious delays elsewhere
Trams are now up and running throughout the city centre however there are still delays on the Bury and Eccles lines as a result of this morning’s tragic incident in which a man was hit by a tram.
ADVERTISEMENT
Update – man, 43, hit by tram and rushed to hospital
Police have confirmed that a man was hit by a tram this morning around 7.35 am and has since been taken to hospital. His injuries are not currently being reported as life-threatening.
A statement from GMP said:
“Police were called around 7.35am today (November 3) to a report of a collision involving a tram and a pedestrian in Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester.
“A 43-year-old man has been taken to hospital with injuries not thought to be life threatening or changing.
“Enquiries are ongoing and no arrests were made.
“Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or via our LiveChat at www.gmp.police.uk quoting incident 497 of 03/11/21. Alternatively, details can be passed via the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
News
New record-breaking £8.72m ride opens at Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Emily Sergeant
The day has finally arrived… the UK’s tallest ride is now open to the public.
After first being announced back in May 2025, thrill-seekers have been hotly anticipating the arrival of Blackpool Pleasure Beach‘s newest ride, Aviktas, for the past year – and now, the time has come, as passengers have travelled from across the country to be among the first to experience the adrenaline-pumping spectacle.
Not for the faint of heart, Aviktas launches its riders 138 feet into the air while reaching angles of up to 120 degrees.
Now officially open at the iconic Lancashire seaside theme park, Aviktas has became the largest ride of its kind in the UK – almost doubling the size of the previous tallest, Maelstrom at Drayton Manor.
Blackpool Pleasure Beach’s newest £8.72m ride is now open / Credit: Supplied
The jaw-dropping new ride features a unique design that’s been engineered to ‘maximise thrills’.
According to its creators, Aviktas’ restraints create a sense of freedom leaving its riders feeling weightless as they soar towards its 138 foot peak.
Pleasure Beach has invested £8.72m into the attraction, marking it as its biggest single investment in eight years.
Aviktas is now the tallest rollercoaster of its kind in the UK / Credit: Supplied
“Pleasure Beach has always had a reputation for going big and pushing boundaries, and Aviktas is no exception,” commented Amanda Thompson OBE, who is the CEO of Pleasure Beach Resort.
“Its sheer size and presence speaks for itself, there is simply nothing like it in the UK. We wanted to build something that sets us apart from anywhere else and gives our guests a genuine must-visit reason to come to the park.
“This project is another reminder of our commitment to making Pleasure Beach one of the world’s greatest theme parks.”
Aviktas is now open at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
Featured Image – Supplied
News
The Man City Parade 2025/26 – route, timings, ‘The After Party’, performers and more
Danny Jones
After Man City became just the second team in English football history to win a domestic cup double, the Blues will once again be taking over Manchester city centre for a parade to mark the end of the 2025/26 campaign.
They may not have won the league this time, but it’s still another pair of trophies to add to the cabinet.
More importantly, with club legends Bernardo Silva, John Stones, and perhaps even Pep Guardiola (we’ll have to wait and see) leaving after a decade at the club this summer, ‘Cityzens’ will be coming from all over Greater Manchester to honour yet another memorable silverware-laden term.
With that in mind, we’ve put together a list of everything important you need to know ahead of the blue half of Manchester’s post-season celebrations.
Man City parade 25/26 – all the key info
When does it start and end?
For starters, for those wondering what the start time is for the latest City parade, this year’s event will be building up from around 4pm and finishing at approximately 6:30pm this coming bank holiday Monday, 25 June.
The last parade was ‘Fourmidable’.Credit: Press shot (supplied)/The Manc
Man City parade route for 2026
As for where the jubilation will be running from and to this time, they’re moving over to the Northern Quarter before the parade procession itself passes through Ancoats and towards their home stadium.
The open-top buses themselves will set off around 5pm, heading towards the Etihad Campus from Ashton New Road, before arriving at the Colin Bell Stand reception.
For those unable to journey elsewhere/just looking to enjoy from one spot, supporters will also be able to watch the full build-up and parade in its entirety on the big screens outside the ground from 4pm onwards, with an accessible viewing area and subtitles available, too.
Accessibility options
Great Ancoats Street (near the start of the parade route)
A designated area for wheelchair users and ambulant disabled supporters and companions.
Street-level area is free, with access on a first-come, first-served basis; stewards on hand to help.
Colin Bell Stand
Elevated platform available for wheelchair users and ambulant disabled supporters who would struggle to stand in the crowd.
Again, first-come, first-served.
Travel advice and parking info
Parking at the Etihad Stadium itself is only available for those with a ticket for the official ‘After Party’ event; however, there are free spots available at park and ride sites such as Ashton Moss, Ashton West, and Ladywell. You can find a full list of locations HERE.
Fans are encouraged to use public transport where possible, with Bee Network buses and trams running throughout the city and towards East Manchester.
Check out the Etihad’s dedicated travel and transport page for more guidance, and/or watch our guide on how to get to the Co-op Live down below.
Speaking of carrying on after the main event, ‘The After Party’ at Co-op Live and the surrounding area is also an option for Blues looking to have a ball – pun intended.
Besides the parade, the fun will also be getting underway at the same time over in the massive industry-leading arena next door to City’s home ground, doors opening from as early as 3pm.
Final entry into the venue itself is set at 5pm, with players set to head over and join in with the drinks, jubilation and big energy tunes once the parade finishes around 6:30pm.
On the subject of music, fans are also being treated to a live performance from none other than the much-loved Manc band, Doves, who will be playing a special in-person set, due to wrap up at 8pm.
Indie rock favourites Doves will be amongst the outstanding performers on a night to remember! 🎶
Join us at ‘The After Party’ on Monday 25 May at Co-op Live. 🙌
You can find all the details regarding general admission tickets, as well as VIP and hospitality packages, right HERE.
What else is on around the City parade?
For those looking to take in any extra festivities or even just some food and drink during the few hours you’ll be out singing ‘Blue Moon’, you’ll be glad to hear that a number of local institutions will also be getting involved.
As well as Northern Quarter favourites BAB offering their £10 lunch deal (12-3pm every day), happy hour deals, AND a small plates offer (Monday-Thursday, 4-7pm; Fridays from 4pm until close), fellow NQ neighbours, The Pen and Pencil, are also opening for the day to help host any crowd overspill.
ADVERTISEMENT
Perhaps most notably, however, an official Man City pop-up will be opening in the city centre in the days leading up to the parade itself – so, for anyone who can’t make it on the bank holiday Monday, you can still spend at least part of your long weekend drinking in the splendour.
If you’re wondering what exactly this is going to be like, look no further…
Moreover, MCFC’s under-18s squad won a historic FA Youth Cup with their Manchester derby win earlier this month, too, making it multiple landmark results across the board.
With that in mind, this year’s Man City trophy parade and After Party looks set to be a more all-encompassing one than ever.
ADVERTISEMENT
Judging by the scenes for the likes of the last Treble, you won’t want to miss it.