Controversial influencer and self-professed misogynist Andrew Tate has now had his TikTok account deleted.
The former kickboxer, 35, has gained a huge following on social media platforms with his outspoken comments, with domestic abuse charities accusing him of ‘extreme misogyny’.
Tate has already been banned from both Twitter and Instagram, and now TikTok has said that ‘hateful ideology is not tolerated’ and removed his account.
The American-born, British-raised resident of Romania has previously claimed that women should ‘shut the f**k up, have kids, sit at home, be quiet and make coffee’.
Andrew Tate. Credit: Instagram, @cobratate
He first made a name for himself after appearing on Big Brother in 2016, but was soon removed from the house over a video which appeared to depict him attacking a woman.
ADVERTISEMENT
Tate once said in a YouTube video: “I will state right now that I am absolutely sexist, I am absolutely a misogynist and I have f*** you money so I’ll say what I want. […] There is no way you can be rooted in reality and not be sexist.”
Joe Mulhall, director of research at Hope Not Hate, a UK advocacy group, said: “Tate poses a genuine threat to young men, radicalising them towards extremism misogyny, racism and homophobia.”
ADVERTISEMENT
Despite the growing backlash around his internet presence, Andrew Tate’s videos on TikTok amassed some 13.7 billion views before the video-sharing platform took action.
A TikTok spokesperson said: “Misogyny is a hateful ideology that is not tolerated on TikTok.
“We’ve been removing violative videos and accounts for weeks, and we welcome the news that other platforms are also taking action against this individual.”
Featured image: @cobratate
News
Manchester United to offer fans FREE coach travel for upcoming away game
Danny Jones
Manchester United have offered free coaches to away fans hoping to travel to their game against AFC Bournemouth.
The fixture against The Cherries isn’t here just yet, with four other matches before then – two home and two away – but many supporters have already been fretting about how they’re going to get there.
With a 252-mile trek and what could be upwards of a 10-hour round trip, there and back, the club has informed the travelling ‘Stretford Enders‘ that they will be arranging at least some of the nearly 1,300 members of the fan base to travel down south to the Vitality Stadium.
Although not entirely unheard of, it’s nevertheless been praised as a classy touch and way of recognising some of their most dedicated support year-round, especially after a turbulent few weeks.
🚌 We are offering free coach travel for fans who are travelling to our match at Bournemouth on Friday 20 March ❤️
Set to be free of charge for anyone with a valid away ticket next month, the gesture will at least make life a little bit easier for Reds heading to the coastal town at the end of an already long working week.
Scheduled to take place at 8pm on 20 March, Bournemouth vs Man United is the late kick-off, but the first of that Premier League round (gameweek 31).
With limited transport options via both public and supporters group networks, they’ve decided to step in and aid those willing to make the journey.
They also seemed to make what some have perceived as a dig at the division, noting that “this fixture follows an unusually high number of games that have been played midweek this season.”
Writing a lengthy statement, they said: “The club, listening to the views raised by supporters in both the Fan Advisory Board and Fans’ Forum, has raised concerns in meetings with senior counterparts at both the Premier League and broadcasters in recent months…
Acknowledging the “impact scheduling decisions have on match-goers and urging them to make earlier decisions”, they are one of many teams that have urged the footballing body to adjust their plans where possible and afford fans extra time to plan.
With both recognised supporters’ trusts and other fan groups alike having played a crucial role in a number of key observances of late, it only feels fitting that they be rewarded for their commitment.
That being said, director of fan engagement Rick McGagh went on to add: “We believe we have the best and loudest away following in the country, and we wanted to do something for our fans to show we appreciate their dedication and support.
“When games are moved from a weekend to a Friday or Monday night, we know it impacts fans, meaning they often have to take time off work and face more expensive and greatly restricted travel options.
“We continue to work with our FAB and Fans’ Forum reps and share their concerns to broadcasters and the Premier League. We hope this gesture helps our fans travelling down to Bournemouth for the game, and, on behalf of the players and everyone at the club, we thank them for their continued support.”
As an added bonus, they also detailed that besides free coach travel to the far-flung game, those attending the Bournemouth game will also be entered into a raffle to win a United shirt signed by one of the men’s first-team.
While fans must organise their transport to arrive at Old Trafford, with no alternative pick-up or drop-off points, all the details on how to book the free coach travel will be shared with successful applicants, along with confirmation of their place in the away ballot.
Featured Images — The Manc Group/Mr Ignavy (via Geograph)
News
Former Bolton Council employee jailed for stealing nearly £900k from client benefits accounts
Emily Sergeant
A former Bolton Council employee has been sentenced to jail this week after admitting to stealing from client benefits accounts.
Richard Shaw transferred £893,296 to himself from benefit claimants’ accounts held by Bolton Council between 2015 and 2023 – which he had been managing as part of the Council’s Financial Protection Team, before he was subsequently suspended when mismanagement of appointeeship cases was discovered.
He was then sacked for gross misconduct in March 2023, after the Council identified and reported the possible fraud to Greater Manchester Police (GMP).
A lengthy investigation by GMP’s Economic and Cyber Crime Unit then began, with ‘full cooperation’ from Bolton Council, which went on to show that Shaw had been transferring the money to his own accounts for a number of years.
He also transferred money between clients’ accounts in an attempt to hide his fraud.
Investigations in 2023 showed several bank transfers to nine personal accounts held in Richard Shaw’s name – with just over £250,000 transferred to one account, and £215,000 to another.
During the investigation, it was established that Shaw spent £100,000 buying a holiday home in Lancashire, and almost £18,000 on garden improvements.
It is estimated to Shaw’s failure to act in the best interest of his clients meant he lost them a total of £129,749 in unclaimed benefits.
Two BMW cars and several high-value items – including computers and bikes – were seized during a warrant at Shaw’s home address of Harrier Close in Bolton on 27 April 2023, when he was initially arrested on suspicion of fraud by abuse of position and money laundering.
Shaw failed to attend his first court appearance on 23 September 2025 and was then arrested on the same day in Blackpool. He initially denied fraud by abuse of position, but then went on to change his plea to guilty at Bolton Crown Court in December 2025.
He was finally jailed for four years and eight months at Bolton Crown Court yesterday (18 February 2026).
Speaking following Shaw’s sentencing this week, Detective Sergeant Daniel Sanchez, from GMP’s Economic and Cyber Crime Unit, said: “In his role as an appointee officer, Shaw was responsible for managing 120 client cases. Shaw abused his position of trust within the council, transferring clients’ money to accounts he had set up in his own name.
“His systematic theft and haphazard spending was uncovered by our financial investigator.
“There will now be a Proceeds of Crime hearing to reclaim the rest of the money so the council can be reimbursed.”