20-year-old Dylan Keelan was fatally stabbed at around 9.30pm on Cheetham Hill Road in Dukinfield on Friday 4 February 2022, and now GMP has confirmed that a 17-year-old boy – who cannot be named “for legal reasons” due to his age – has been charged with Keelan murder and has been remanded in custody until a hearing.
The teenager is also charged with threatening a person with a blade or sharply pointed article in a public place.
He is due at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court later today.
Dylan’s family paid tribute to a “lovely, hardworking, kind and respectful boy” earlier this week, with his mum, Nicola, adding: “Dylan will be missed dearly by everyone who had the pleasure to be around him [and] it is difficult to put into words at this moment as I am broken and distraught [but] he will never be forgotten and will always be in my heart and part of my life.”
“I just want to say thank you to everyone for their support, kind words and donations,” she concluded.
A murder investigation was launched by GMP’s Major Incident Team, and the force has confirmed that enquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with any information, images, or dash cam footage from the surrounding area at around the time of the incident is asked to contact police.
Information can also be submitted to the dedicated Major Incident Public Portal here.
Anyone with information should contact police quoting 2866 04/02/22 via 0161 856 6300, gmp.police.uk, or alternatively, get in touch with the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Featured Image – Greater Manchester Police (GMP)
Police warn criminals ‘don’t bother’ attending Parklife after already making arrest
Greater Manchester Police have said that criminals shouldn’t ‘bother’ coming to Parklife festival this weekend, after already making an arrest at the festival site.
Officers have been carrying out searches of people arriving on site this week – and have already arrested a 24-year-old man.
A quantity of pills and a knife were both recovered from the man, who has been arrested on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs and possession of a bladed article.
After the arrest, Superintendent Phil Spurgeon issued a statement to criminals, saying ‘don’t bother coming to Parklife’.
He said: “We have a really robust police and partnership community safety operation for the festival, and the arrest and seizure yesterday demonstrates the vigilance of security staff, our thorough search procedures and our commitment to keeping people safe.
“Make no mistake, illegal items such as weapons and drugs can have fatal consequences. Our top priority this weekend is keeping people safe, and anyone caught trying to take such items into the festival will be robustly dealt with.
“I hope the genuine festival-goers are excited for the fantastic weekend ahead and I am confident the majority will enjoy the event responsibly and safely.”
Greater Manchester Police and Parklife security staff will be working closely together to intercept anyone travelling to the festival with criminal intentions.
The arrest on 8 June was thanks to the festival’s drug detection dogs.
In a formal statement addressing the situation, the city‘s flagship further education institution says some of its systems have been accessed by an “unauthorised party” and that data has “likely been copied” as a result of this.
The University’s in-house experts are said to be “working around the clock” to resolve the issue.
External support teams are also said to be working in collaboration with the University to understand what data has been accessed.
Patrick Hackett – Registrar, Secretary, and Chief Operating Officer at the University of Manchester – explained in a statement issued this morning: “Regrettably, I have to share with you the news that the University is the victim of a cyber incident, [as] it has been confirmed that some of our systems have been accessed by an unauthorised party and data have likely been copied.
“Our in-house experts and established expert external support are working around the clock to resolve this incident, and we are working to understand what data has been accessed”.
Mr Hackett said he understands the nature of the issue will “cause concern to members of our community”, and says the University is “very sorry for this”.
The University says it is also working with relevant authorities – including the Information Commissioner’s Office, the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), the National Crime Agency, and other regulatory bodies – to resolve the issue, and will provide information to those affected as soon as they are able to.
Students and staff are also be told to be vigilant to any suspicious phishing emails within the coming days – with the University’s IT Services team having published some relevant advice to refer to.