Three arrested on suspicion of murder of man killed on A34 in East Didsbury

All suspects remain in police custody for question as the murder investigation continues.

Emily Sergeant Emily Sergeant - 31st January 2024

Three arrests have been made in connection with the murder investigation of a man who was killed on the A34 in East Didsbury last week.

An 18-year-old man, a 22-year-old man, and a 24-year-old man – who have not been named by Greater Manchester Police (GMP) at this moment in time – have all been arrested on suspicion of murder, and they remain in police custody.

This is on top of another man, named as 18-year-old Noraiz Kamal, who was charged with murder last Thursday (25 January).

Mr Kamal also remains in custody, as the murder investigation continues.

The arrests and charges come after GMP received reports of a serious incident shortly before 1:40am on Tuesday (23 January 2024) on the A34 Kingsway, at the junction of Parrs Wood Lane to Queensway, in Manchester.


When officers attended the scene, they found that a 30-year-old man had been assaulted.

The victim was subsequently taken to hospital for treatment – but despite the best attempts of emergency services, both at the scene and in hospital, he sadly passed away from his injuries a short time later, GMP confirmed.


The victim was later named by police as Sadiq Al-lami, with the 30-year-old’s later paying a touching tribute to him, and describing him as always being “full of life”.

Three arrested on suspicion of murder of man killed on A34 in East Didsbury / Credit: GMP

GMP proceeded to launch a murder investigation following the tragic incident shortly after, and enquiries are still ongoing.

According to GMP, the victim and suspect are thought to have both been travelling in separate vehicles along Kingsway leading up to the incident, before an altercation occurred at a traffic light, and the suspect had left the scene in their vehicle.


A public appeal for information, footage, and witnesses has also been made.

Speaking on the murder investigation as it proceeds, Detective Inspector Alex Wilkinson, of GMP Major Incident Team, said: “Our investigation continues to progress well, and we have made a total of four arrests and have secured one charge so far.

“That being said, our investigation is far from over.

“As officers continue to carry out extensive enquiries to find answers for Sadiq’s family, I would like to reassure the public that we are working hard to ascertain the full details of this case.”

DI Wilkinson says GMP’s thoughts continue to remain with Sadiq’s family throughout the investigation, and confirmed that they “remain aware of the progress being made”.


Anyone with information, or who believes they may have CCTV or dashcam footage that could assist detectives with their investigations, is asked to come forward by calling 101 and quoting log 166 of 23/01/2024.

Read more:

Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or submit details direct online using the dedicated Major Incident Public Portal (MIPP) here.

Featured Image – GMP (via Family Handout)