Manchester City are reportedly set to make a Serie A star one of their first key signings in the summer transfer window, as links to Tijjani Reijnders seem to be gaining even more traction.
After domestic disappointment not only in the league this season but following defeat in the FA Cup this past weekend, Man City look to end the 24/25 campaign trophyless for the first time since 2017, unless they can lift the Club World Cup in July.
Manager Pep Guardiola has already been quizzed on whether the club needs a rebuild, and although he was steadfast in defending his last nine years of success, many supporters have been arguing similarly.
With that in mind, City’s recruitment already looks to be underway as several key first-team figures, namely Kevin De Bruyne, are set to be replaced, and Reijnders is said to be their first target.
🔵⚪️ As told on 14th April, Manchester City decided for Tijjani Reijnders long time ago… City officials knows Reijnders current preference for the Skyblues and has already explored personal terms conditions to make it happen. #MilanAC ⏳ More details Monday @SkySportCH ⤵️ #MCIhttps://t.co/gOdF8AdJYGpic.twitter.com/4I8KFXBStu
According to multiple sources, the AC Milan midfielder had been eyed up by Man City months ago and despite a plethora of teams around Europe keen on signing him, Reijnders’ preference is thought to be East Manchester.
ADVERTISEMENT
The dynamic Dutchman has been one of the Rossoneri’s best players this season, registering 15 goals and five assists from central midfield, more than anyone in Serie A and one of the best strike rates from a non-forward across Europe.
At 26, the Eredivisie product is now one of the most attractive prospects around and entering his so-called prime years, making him potentially the perfect replacement in the middle of the park with the Blues’ biggest and most consistently creative outlet, De Bruyne, set to leave after a decade.
ADVERTISEMENT
There may be very few playmakers as brilliant as the Belgian, but getting a talent as highly-rated as Reijnders at this moment in his career could be a big coup for City.
Price tag-wise, it’s been suggested that the Italian club would want around €80 million (approx £67.4m) to secure his services.
If you haven’t seen him play before, here are a few of his highlights from this season.
ADVERTISEMENT
Like the look of him?
With Sky Sports journalist Sacha Tavolieri insisting that it would be Reijnders’ “dream” to play under Pep, it could merely be a case of Man City making Milan an attractive enough offer.
However, with Spanish giants Real Madrid also said to be monitoring his situation, it’s unlikely they’ll get a free run at him.
What do you reckon: would you like to see him at the Etihad?
Also, whilst you’re here, who do you think City need to hang on to this summer, and which squad members do you think they can afford to offload?
Co-op Live confirmed as the host venue for the 2026 Netball Super League Grand Final
Danny Jones
Manchester’s Co-op Live has booked its latest big event as the 2026 Netball Super League (NSL) Grand Final is set to be held at the massive indoor venue.
As one of the biggest indoor entertainment venues not just in the country but all of Europe, there’ll be room for plenty of UK fans to pile into the stands.
This being not only the NSL‘s debut at the arena but the first final to ever be held in the building, it’s set to be a historic night for lots of reasons.
Announcing the huge coup – not just for the increasingly popular female-led competition, but for sports fans around Greater Manchester in general – this week, the reaction to the big date on the women’s sporting calendar has been just as big.
As mentioned in an official press release, “The selection of Co-op Live for the 2026 Soft & Gentle Grand Final builds on the arena’s rapid emergence as a global destination for sport and entertainment, following a programme of major global broadcasts across music and sport.”
The 23,500-capacity and completely indoor stadium has quickly established itself as a leading destination for live music and more since it finally opened back in May 2024.
Last year’s Super League Grand Final was held down in the capital at The O2 Arena as the fast-rising franchise London Pulse beat Loughborough Lightning 53–45 to lift the title for the first time in history.
Now, the NSL is looking to capitalise on those record-breaking crowds by bringing the action closer to another foundational home for so many competitive disciplines: Greater Manchester.
With England Netball themselves being headquarted at the England Netball is headquartered at the National Squash Centre and Regional Arena on the Etihad Campus (next door to the arena), choosing Co-op Live only felt natural this time.
Elsewhere, another big tournament is being held up in the North, too, with the Netball Super Cup set be hosted at the Utilita Arena over in Yorkshire – much to our mates at The Sheff‘s delight.
Treat a netball fan in your life ❤️
🤝 Help them start #NSL2026 in style and get them tickets to see the Netball Super Cup live.
As for Co-op Live itself, general manager Guy Dunstan commented: “We’re incredibly proud to welcome the Soft & Gentle Grand Final to Co-op Live and to make history by hosting the first sporting final at the arena.
“Co-op Live was designed to bring people together for unforgettable shared experiences, and this reflects everything [we] stand for: world-class events, inclusivity, community impact and inspiring the next generation. We can’t wait to see Manchester play host to such a landmark moment for the sport.”
As always, official Co-op members get early access through the venue’s dedicated presale window, which will open at 10am on Monday, 2 March.
Meanwhile, general admission will then be available from the same time the following Thursday (5 Mar); you can get ready to grab your tickets for the Netball Super League Grand Final in Manchester at Co-op Live right HERE.
Featured Images — Publicity pictures (supplied via Co-op Live)
Sport
Pep Guardiola delivers important reminder about multiculturalism after Jim Ratcliffe controversy
Danny Jones
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has delivered an important message about the power of multiculturalism in his most recent press conference.
Guardiola’s comments come after the high-profile controversy surrounding his rival club across the city, Man United, whose co-owner, Sir Jim Ratcliffe, saw some of his recent remarks fall under major scrutiny.
In case you somehow missed it, the Failsworth-born British billionaire was heavily criticised after claiming he believes the UK has been “colonised by immigrants”.
Fast forward a couple of days, and while the club and the fan base are still dealing with the fallout of the story, Pep acknowledged the debate by reminding people that “embracing other cultures” makes for a “better society”.
Well put, Pep – in fact, we couldn’t have said it better ourselves.
Although he didn’t reference the 74-year-old directly after being probed on the subject by journalists, the Man City boss reiterated that his time spent living and working across the world has only broadened his mind and enriched his life.
That goes for both his professional and personal spheres, by the way, as the Catalan coach has often spoken of his love for English culture and the Manc people, specifically.
Speaking ahead of this weekend’s FA Cup game against local side Salford City, Pep described the attitudes towards immigrants around the world as a “big problem” despite most people simply leaving their country in search of “a better life”.
He also drew attention to the fact that he, like so many others in football – a sporting industry loved the world round by people from all walks of life and that the likes of Ratcliffe directly benefit from – is an immigrant working and contributing to not just the game but the British economy by being here.
Meanwhile, Manchester United have since shared a public statement on their club website and across social media, reiterating to fans and supporters the world over that they are an “inclusive club”.
‘We will continue to represent our people, our city and our fans with purpose and pride.’
The INEOS chairman, CEO and minority stakeholder in Manchester United Football Club, has since apologised (at least in part) for his “choice of language” following the divisive interview with Sky News.
In a world where plenty of people are quick to pessimism, negativity and turn to division almost by default, Pep’s message is one echoed by so many and is one that we should all keep in mind.
And for anyone who needs a more light-hearted bit of content on their timeline this week, here’s what else Pep said in his pre-match presser…
Pep Guardiola responding to a really intelligent question from a reporter:
‘Do you want to be my assistant coach, fucking hell, you are brilliant…’