Aldi is closing its UK stores on Boxing Day again to thank staff for all their hard work
And it’s all to say a big thank you to staff for their hard work in 2022.
After what has been a busy year for the retail industry as lockdown restrictions were eased and life began to resume some elements of normality, many workers have been left feeling like they could do with a little extra time off – which is why budget supermarket Aldi has announced plans to shut up shop on two bank holidays.
The retailer has famously closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year’s Day in the past, and will be doing so once again this year to allow workers to spend valuable time with their loved ones.
Aldi closed its doors to the publics on these bank holidays back in 2020 and 2021, which came at a much-needed time for staff as a break from the hectic working environments and schedules brought on by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The announcement that Aldi is closing on Boxing Day and New Year’s Eve this year comes after retailer Home Bargains also confirmed last month that it would be doing the same.
Given how well-received the decision has been in the past, and how much praise the public has given companies who have allowed staff such bank holidays off, it’s expected that several other retailers will also announce they are to close on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Aldi Christmas Opening Times 2022
Aldi has extended its store opening hours over the Christmas period.
Stores will be open from 7am-10pm, to make it easier for people to do their Christmas shopping and New Year’s Eve prepping.
- Saturday 17 December: 8am – 10pm
- Sunday 18 December: 9:30am – 4pm
- Monday 19 December: 7am – 10pm
- Tuesday 20 December: 7am – 10pm
- Wednesday 21 December: 7am – 10pm
- Thursday 22 December: 7am – 10pm
- Friday 23 December: 7am – 10pm
- Christmas Eve: 7am – 6pm
- Christmas Day: CLOSED
- Boxing Day: CLOSED
- Tuesday 27 December: 8am – 10pm
- Wednesday 28 December: 8am – 10pm
- Thursday 29 December: 8am – 10pm
- Friday 30 December: 8am – 10pm
- Saturday 31 December: 8am – 10pm
- Sunday 1 January: CLOSED
- Monday 2 January: 8am – 8pm
- Tuesday 3 January: 8am – 10pm
Store opening times may vary by location, Aldi says, so shoppers are recommended to check the Store Finder to see when their local branch will be open.
- Home Bargains is closing stores on Boxing Day again to give staff a ‘well deserved break’
- Tesco’s website crashes after people queue from 6am to book Christmas delivery slots
- Aldi Christmas advert turns football icons into fruit and veg for the 2022 World Cup
You can check the Aldi Store Finder here.
Featured Image – Aldi UK