Franklin & Sons and Manchester Gin bring Raspberry G&T to the north
Pairing Manchester Raspberry Infused Gin with Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon Tonic Water, the 5.5% ABV G&T cans are £2 a pop.
Franklin & Sons – the award-winning producer of tonics, mixers and soft drinks – has partnered with Manchester Gin to bring Raspberry G&T to northern supermarkets.
Wrapped in pink labels emblazoned with the iconic Manchester worker bee, the 250ml cans are set to hit Tesco stores across the city in the next few days.
The 5.5% ABV G&T drinks have been described as an ‘alternative twist on a classic beverage’ – pairing Manchester Raspberry Infused Gin with Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon Tonic Water for a balanced taste of sweetness and citrus.
The best news of all, though, is that they’re only £2 a pop.
A Franklin & Sons spokesperson stated: “This truly unmatched combination will make you rethink every G&T you’ve had, once you’ve tasted the fresh raspberries followed by the burst of Sicilian lemons, you’ll feel like you’re living an Italian summer dream.”
The partnership between the brands hasn’t stopped at drinks, either. This duo have also branched out into scran; publishing a cake recipe for Lemon & Manchester Gin Raspberry Drizzle Loaf that can be made using the G&T cans.
The ingredients, recipe and method are all listed below:
Loaf: 125g self-raising flour; 1 tsp baking powder; 115g unsalted butter; 115g golden caster sugar; 2 eggs; Zest 1 lemon; 150g fresh raspberries; 25ml Franklin & Sons Sicilian lemon and Manchester Raspberry gin; 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
Drizzle: 50g Golden caster sugar; Juice 1 lemon; 100ml Franklin & Sons Sicilian lemon and Manchester Raspberry gin
To finish: About 50g icing sugar; Fresh raspberries; Sprig of mint; Lemon slices
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan. Grease and line 2lb loaf tin
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl, sift the flour and baking powder, add the eggs and the zest and mint along with the Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon and Manchester Raspberry Gin
- Mix together until you have a smooth batter
- Fold in the raspberries
- Pour the mixture into the tin. Bake for 35-45 minutes until a skewer poked into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly while you make the syrup
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon you zested and along with the Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon and Manchester Raspberry Gin into a small saucepan.
- Add the 50g caster sugar.
- Set over a medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved to make a slightly thickened syrup
- Using a skewer, poke holes all over the top of the still warm cake, then slowly pour the lemon gin syrup all over the surface so it seeps right through the sponge. Leave about 1 tbsp spare
- Leave to cool fully.
- Mix together the remaining syrup and icing sugar until you have a thick but drizzly icing and drizzle all over the loaf.
- Top with fresh raspberries, lemon and mint
Keep up to date on social media @FranklinandSons and via their website.