Franklin & Sons has recently partnered with Manchester Gin to bring Raspberry and Lemon G&T to northern supermarkets and now there’s some mouthwatering recipes to go along with it.
How does a Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon and Manchester Gin Raspberry Drizzle Loaf sound?
The recipe has been curated by Candice Brown – the 2016 winner of the Great British Bake Off – who has recently been announced as the latest Franklin & Sons ambassador.
She is joining forces with the brand to create delicious serves, cakes and bakes that people can make at home, using her favourites from the Franklin & Sons range, and has is said to “embody” the brand’s “focus on great taste without compromise” through her passion for “quality, flavour discovery and flavoursome food and drink.”
So, whether it’s for a socially distanced BBQ with family, a night in with friends, or to sit down and watch Bake Off with tonight, this recipe drizzle loaf is bound to inspire people to start experimenting and creating restaurant quality food and drink at home.
Fancy whipping one up and enjoying a slice whilst watching the next episode of the Great British Bake Off tonight then?
Here’s everything you need to know.
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 115g unsalted butter
- 115g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- Zest 1 lemon
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 25ml Manchester Raspberry Gin & Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon Tonic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 50g Golden caster sugar
- Juice 1 lemon
- 100ml Manchester Raspberry Gin & Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon Tonic
- 50g icing sugar
- Fresh raspberries
- Sprig of mint
- Lemon slices
Preheat the oven to 160°C fan. Grease and line 2lb loaf tin
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl, sift the flour and baking powder, add the eggs and the
zest and mint along with the Manchester Raspberry Gin & Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon Tonic.
- Mix together until you have a smooth batter.
- Fold in the raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into the tin. Bake for 35-45 minutes until a skewer poked into the middle of the
cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly while you make the syrup.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon you zested and along with the Manchester Raspberry Gin &
Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon Tonic into a small saucepan.
- Add the 50g caster sugar.
- Set over a medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved to make a slightly thickened syrup
- Using a skewer, poke holes all over the top of the still warm cake, then slowly pour the lemon gin
syrup all over the surface so it seeps right through the sponge. Leave about 1 tbsp spare.
- Leave to cool fully.
- Mix together the remaining syrup and icing sugar until you have a thick but drizzly icing and
drizzle all over the loaf.
- Top with fresh raspberries, lemon and mint.
- Serve with a can of Manchester Raspberry Gin & Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon Tonic.
You can find more recipes and information via the Franklin & Sons website here.