Wetherspoons announces massive January sale with pints from £1.99
That IS a bargain tbf.
Wetherspoons, that ubiquitous British pub chain, has announced the details of its January offer as it prepares to slash prices in the new year.
The pub group will be selling pints of beer for as little as £1.99, alongside deals on cocktails, coffee and food too.
Wetherspoons’ January sale will run for two weeks only from 2 January.
It means that punters will be able to get food and drink at their local Spoons for even less than normal (and it’s not exactly an expensive pub at the best of times).
Wetherspoons will be selling pints of Bud Light and Doom Bar for £1.99, while their ‘classic cocktails’ (espresso martini, Tommy’s margarita, strawberry daiquiri) will be just £2.99.
You’ll be able to buy a bottle of non-alcoholic Beck’s Blue for £1.49, and refillable Lavazza coffee, tea and hot chocolate for £1.29.
A bit low on cash after Christmas? How does a full English for less than £2 sound?
Wetherspoons’ small breakfast, which comes with a fried egg, bacon, sausage, baked beans and toast, will be just £1.99 during their January sale.
A selection of burgers will be reduced to less than a fiver with a soft drink, or £6.49 with an alcoholic drink.
Wetherspoon founder and chairman Tim Martin said: “Department stores and shops hold their sales in January, so it is the perfect time to have a sale in the pubs too.
“The range of drinks and food on sale in the pubs is aimed at suiting a wide variety of tastes. This year we have included our biggest selection of low and non-alcoholic drinks.
“I believe that the January Sale will prove popular with our customers. As always, staff at the pubs will serve customers responsibly.”
Drink deals in the Wetherspoons January sale
- Draught beers and ciders – Doom Bar, Bud Light, Worthington’s, Stowford Press Apple Cider, Budweiser
- Spirits – AU vodka (four flavours), Sidemen XIX Vodka (mixed berry)
- Cocktails- Espresso Martini, Strawberry Daiquiri, Tommy’s Margarita
- Corona seltzers – Raspberry and lemon, Guava and lime
- Soft drinks – Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, R. White’s Lemonade, Pepsi Max Cherry
- Lavazza coffee with free refills
- Tea and hot chocolate
- Low-alcohol and alcohol-free – Erdinger, BrewDog Punk AF, Heineken 0.0, Beck’s Blue, Stella Artois, Adnams Ghost Ship, Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime
- Blackpool Tower ‘fire’ confirmed to be orange netting flapping in the wind
- Manchester’s legendary Chinese New Year Dragon Parade confirmed for return in 2024
- Manchester restaurant slams customers who didn’t show up to bookings on Christmas day
Featured image: Unsplash