North West events specialists Scene My Event rebrand as Exceed Events – seeing high booking demands through to 2023
The team behind North West events specialists Scene My Event have revealed a major rebrand and reposition as Exceed Events and Concepts - with bookings being made right up until 2023.
The team behind North West events specialists ‘Scene My Event’ have embarked on a major rebrand following the pandemic – repositioning the organisation as ‘Exceed Events and Concepts’.
Using the time in lockdown to evolve their offering for a changing marketplace, Bolton-based founders Chris Warbrick and Martyn Stuttard announced they’d be taking the business into a “new era” from August 12 – responding to the crisis of the events industry through innovation.
Despite the long-term restrictions imposed on mass gatherings, Chris and Martyn believe consumer confidence is now returning – with a huge number of events already being booked for the next three years.
Development has also been completed on their new website – exceedevents.co.uk – which is being used to showcase the organisation’s market-leading events technology to offer new virtual events and socially-distanced live experiences.
The domain will also house a ‘client area’ – where customers can easily manage their event, booking details and music requirements at any time.
ADVERTISEMENT
Exceed
Director Chris said: “We’ve used the time in lockdown to look at who we are as a business, our identity, our image and what our clients want, and felt that Exceed Events is a more fitting representation of who we are.
“With where we see the company growing over the next five years we wanted the brand to reflect this journey and long term position.”
ADVERTISEMENT
“The meaning of Exceed is all about going above and beyond, being better than your previous self and your competition and of course, exceeding expectations! That has always been at the core of how we operate and really fitted with who we are and can span over all of our sectors, from weddings and corporate events to event technology and bars and clubs.”
According to Chris, adapting to the “new normal” has been key to developing the new Exceed brand.
He added: “During lockdown we had the time to look at a rebrand, and we’ve been doing virtual events with live streaming and moved all of our face to face consultations to zoom consultations.
ADVERTISEMENT
“It’s certainly made us think differently and reimagine how events will go moving forward. Even after lockdown, the events scene will look different for some time and there will be a blend of physical and virtual events which has made us think differently and innovate in how we do that.
“We’ve invested in more technology to bring that to the client. We believe we can accommodate both sides and we’re working with our partners on things like virtual show rounds, providing as much upfront content to our clients as possible and actual virtual parties.
“At the start of August we were approached to bring our previously indoor interactive Bedlam Bingo, to the outdoor drive in Park N Party held at Event City, Trafford Park. Due to the amazing success we are now in conversations to run this continuously over the coming months.”
Exceed
Chris and Martyn said the gradual easing of restrictions saw future booking enquires pick back up in June with a surge in July and August of private and corporate clients now making reservations through to 2023.
“Our bookings are now strong again,” said Martyn.
ADVERTISEMENT
“Consumer confidence is picking back up with people wanting to get events booked back in for something to look forward to after these challenging times. We therefore believed mid August was a good time to launch our new brand – with the further easing of restrictions from August 15th onwards very much in mind.”
Founded by entrepreneurs Chris Warbrick and Martyn Stuttard in 2017, the company has become known for its industry innovations, premium entertainment offerings and investment in hi-tech events solutions.
That includes their 360 Xperience platform, used to great effect at the PFA Awards in May 2019 with the ensuing videos of football stars using the platform reaching over 5m people on social media.
Partner venues across the North West include Manchester Hall, Mitton Hall, Holmes Mill, Larkspur Lodge, Victoria Warehouse, while clients have included AO.com, Panini, Fifa, In the Style, BLVD and Manchester Airport.
Exceed has also been the events company of choice for a host of high profile celebrities, brands and influencers.
ADVERTISEMENT
This has includeed the engagement party of Love Island star Olivia Buckland and Bradley Dack at Cloud 23 bar in Manchester, and the launch of Jacqueline Jossa’s fashion launch at In the Style in Salford.
The company has also helped to organise the wedding of TOWIE star Maria Fowler at Nunsmere Hall in Cheshire and the engagement party of Geordie Shores Holly Hagan and Jacob Blyth at Victoria Warehouse.
After winning Theo Paphitis’ Small Business Sunday award in July 2018, the events company were then brought in by the former Dragons Den star to showcase their 360 Xperience at the 10th anniversary of his SBS Awards in Birmingham in early 2020.
Find out more about how Exceed are taking events into the new normal by visiting their website.
Business
One of Manchester’s best-loved independent cafes is coming to Bolton
A much-loved independent Manchester cafe is heading out of the city centre for the first time as they plan to open a brand new premises over in Bolton.
Bolton as a town and wider borough has no shortage of cosy little caffs, but the addition of this latest place for a brew, butty and a bake is sure to be an instant hit just as it was in Ancoats.
To call Cafe Cotton a cult favourite would be grossly understating things at this point: the Blossom St spot tucked into Hallé St Peter’s is not only a beautiful space inside but looks out onto Manchester’s trendy and ever-bustling Cutting Room Square, making it a great place to sit with a coffee.
With that in mind, as they prepare to open their third location further out towards Lancashire, Boltonians have every reason to be very excited.
Cafe Cotton is coming to a town in Bolton. (Credit: The Manc Group)
The indie success story began way back in 2013, if you can believe that, serving sandwiches, sweet treats and more to the Manc masses.
Oh yeah, they also do bloody brilliant coffee that’s considered some of the best in the city.
Opening another venue on the ground floor of Neptune Mill in neighbouring Piccadilly East just this past January, the expansion of the brand has been a relatively steady one despite more than a decade of loyal patrons and new customers becoming each year.
However, good things come to those who wait, as we’re sure the Bolton natives will vouch for when the next Cafe Cotton opens up in Farnworth Green.
The opening date might still be up in the air, but here’s a little glimpse at the kind of goodness they can expect to enjoy:
The new addition is part of the overall Farnworth regeneration project, which is being headed up by investors Capital and Centric, who are famously responsible for numerous new developments in and around Manchester in recent years. Over £20 million has been set aside for the wider plans.
Cotton Cafe’s founder, Chris Griffith, said of the soon-to-open site: “We’ve been on an amazing journey growing Cotton, and we’re incredibly grateful for the loyal following we’ve cultivated. Now, Farnworth Green feels like the perfect next step.
“This isn’t just about opening another café; it’s about investing in a community. The bakery is a big move for us too, allowing us to craft everything from scratch and supply all our locations with freshly made goods.
“We’re also buzzing to team up with Bolton Council to offer apprenticeships, helping young people take their first step into the industry.” The authority itself is actually looking for a project lead as we speak.
Is this the start of a big period of change for Bolton?
The regeneration plans being put forward for Prestwich have taken another step forward as a construction company has new been appointed to bring the vision of a new village centre to life.
With full planning permission for phase one of the redevelopment granted back in July 2024, it’s been pretty much full speed ahead on lining up one of Greater Manchester’s latest regeneration projects and adding more to what is already one of its best up-and-coming suburbs.
Prestwich Village Regeneration LLP are pumping over £100 million into developing the main square, and with Chroma Consulting having now passed on the baton to those erecting this new-look town centre, the joint venture between Bury Council and national ‘place maker’ Muse, work can soon begin.
You can see one of the first early renders down below:
CGIs of the new space around the Longfield Centre. (Credit: Supplied)
VINCI Building were officially appointed as construction partners last month, and with enabling works (surveys, ground investigations and so forth) now complete, the contractors are expected to get underway soon.
Additions to the vibrant new village centre will include a multi-storey Travel Hub, which will also see 301 new parking spaces, along with electric vehicle charging points, cycle storage and a car club. This will replace the Fairfax Road car park, which closed when the early stage began last December.
Beyond this, the Prestwich regeneration plans are set to include a community hub, library and flexible community space for arts and cultural events, a new Prestwich Health Centre; a fresh village square with ‘family-friendly social places’ and room for open-air markets, festivals and more.
A dedicated Prestwich Village Market hall will be the perfect place to house local retailers as well as food and drink vendors, not to mention a much better entry point into the village courtesy of plans to transform the “arrival experience from the tram” by integrating with surrounding green spaces.
Speaking of which, there will also be extensive landscaping in and around the village centre, with the existing fountain set to be removed and new public art installations created in its place.
A glimpse at the new Prestwich Village Market.An overview of all three phases.Credit: Supplied
Beyond the public spaces, over 200 new homes – which made up a big part of the initial application – are also included in the wider vision, with a mix of affordable housing and FTB (first-time buyers) properties.
Leader of Bury Council, Eamonn O’Brien, said of the latest developments: “We are thrilled to announce the next stage in this multi-million pound transformational regeneration scheme, which marks a significant step towards revitalising the heart of Prestwich Village and creating a vibrant, sustainable future for all.
“As well as enhancing local infrastructure, our ambitious plans will foster economic growth and improve the quality of life for the whole community.” A final completion date is yet to be confirmed, but work on the Travel Hub specifically is set to carry over into next year.
Exciting times are ahead for Prestwich. It’s not the only borough making plans for the next chapter and set for a bit of TLC.