A huge gig that was meant to take place at the O2 Victoria Warehouse in Manchester has had to be postponed, Turnstile has revealed.
The massive show for the Grammy-nominated group had completely sold out and was supposed to happen tonight, Wednesday 16 August.
The American band explained that they were struggling with ‘passport complications’ and that not all of them had been able to make it to the UK.
Speaking in a heartfelt statement shared on social media, the members of Turnstile said they were “devastated” to not be able to perform in Manchester.
The American hardcore punk group also apologised for any inconvenience caused by the rescheduling of the show and assured fans that their other gigs would go ahead as planned.
ADVERTISEMENT
Thankfully, the band have already found a new date and will be able to perform at O2 Victoria Warehouse on Thursday 24 August instead, so fans won’t have to wait that long.
Credit: Austin Ciezko/Alexis Gross
The band wrote: “MANCHESTER – It is with deep regret we inform you that tomorrow’s show at Victoria Warehouse will be rescheduled for next week: THURSDAY, AUGUST 24. All existing tickets remain valid. (Refunds available at point of purchase if necessary).
ADVERTISEMENT
“Due to passport complications, not all band members were able to arrive in the country in time. We’re devastated and so sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. All other shows will continue as planned, and we will see you next week in Manchester. Love you all so much.”
Despite the relatively short wait for the new show, many fans have been gutted that tonight’s gig is postponed, with countless having travelled quite the distance to get here and see them.
One person wrote on Twitter: “Good morning to everybody except Turnstile’s tour manager.” Another said: “not turnstile’s show being rescheduled for next week on the same day i’m seeing don broco.”
ADVERTISEMENT
Someone else posted: “200 quid on travel hotel paid all non refundable I understand stuff like this happens but this short notice of updating people is pretty lame.” Similarly, one fan added: “had the hotel & train tickets paid for and non-refundable looool i’m gutted.”
AJ Tracey is playing a VERY intimate gig in Manchester next month
Thomas Melia
London rapper and respected grime artist AJ Tracey is ‘live and direct’ once again, announcing a whole host of UK dates, one of which is a rather intimate gig right here in Manchester.
It’s official: one of UK rap’s leading gents is getting back on the road and he’s showing a ‘Little More Love’ to lots of cities, including Manchester.
In a post on the UK star’s socials, AJ Tracey trades his music persona for that of a sports pundit as he announces the dates for his upcoming tour while impersonating an F1 commentator.
Anyone looking to attend Tracey’s ‘Not Even A Tour’ can catch the star up and down the country on his over 20-date tour with a stop in Manchester as soon as this month.
The rapper has reached phenomenal heights since dropping the unforgettable ‘Ladbroke Grove’ in 2019 and is heading out across the nation to make sure everyone knows about it.
Get ready to spit bars left and right as this rapper’s discography is stacked with serious tunes like ‘Dinner Guest’, ‘West Ten’, ‘Thiago Silva’ and more.
More recently, he collaborated with Walsall’s finest Jorja Smith for a flirty garage beat also known as ‘Crush’ with the video being the two artists talking it out in a good old fashioned caff.
The latest collaboration with Smith marks the start of a new era for Mr. Live and direct as it fell in line with the announcement of his third studio album.
Titled Don’t Die Before You’re Dead, we’re sure he’ll be “building a vibe” wherever he goes and probably previewing a few exclusive tracks from his upcoming project too.
This gig may come as quite a surprise for any hardcore fans of the ‘Ladbroke Grove’ star as the venue in which he’s performing is definitely intimate only, holding just over 250 guests.
This rap giant is bringing his unbelievable beats to none other than the legendary small-cap city centre live music venue, The Deaf Institute, at the end of this month.
It’s safe to say you won’t get many more chances, if any, to see him in such a tight-knit space again.
AJ Tracey is bringing ‘Not Even A Tour’ to Deaf Institute in Manchester on 30 April, with tickets on sale Friday 4 April from 12 noon.
Manchester City’s Nathan Aké donates piano to grassroots music venue
Thomas Melia
Footballer and Manchester City star Nathan Aké has donated a piano to an iconic city centre grassroots venue in Manchester.
To celebrate ‘International Piano Day’, the Dutch defender has teamed up with legendary instrument-makers Casio by donating a state-of-the-art piano in one very lucky music venue.
Aké and Casio are donating pianos across the UK through their joint project titled ‘Playing For Change’.
The iconic grassroots venue that’s receiving this prestigious instrument is none other than Band on the Wall, which has been pumping out live music under this name since 1975.
Processed with VSCO with kp5 presetProcessed with VSCO with kp5 presetCredit: Supplied
This new addition will help the venue as a whole, but more importantly, it will come in very handy for their Saturday Music Club.
Running every weekend, this session helps young people discover music and develop their skills, now via the fantastic PX-S7000 Casio piano.
Band on the Wall is a much-loved and adored Manchester city centremusic institution, and they aren’t the only place benefitting from the Manchester city star and Casio.
So far, 12 disadvantaged schools in the UK have benefitted from this joint effort from Aké and Casio, all of which were surprised with their very own digital piano.
This newest partnership won’t come as a surprise to fans of the Man City centre-back, as he’s been known to play the piano since teaching himself in 2020, and now he’s spreading his love of music to communities nationwide.
Neil Evans, Head of Casio EMI, commented:“It’s exciting for us to support Band on the Wall with a gift of a brand new Privia piano.”
“We’re hoping it’s used often and inspires people into learning the piano and increasing their access to the joys of music, which is at the core of Playing For Change.”
As for Aké, while he might be sidelined for the foreseeable following surgery on a fractured foot, the Netherlands international will hopefully be able to get lots of practice playing those keys.