Four boys aged between 12 and 14 arrested on suspicion of rape in Rochdale
An absolutely horrific incident.
Four boys aged between 12 and 14 have been arrested on suspicion of rape in Rochdale, it has been confirmed.
It comes after Greater Manchester Police (GMP) received reports of a rape in the Newbold area of the Greater Manchester town of Rochdale at around 6pm this past (10 February 2024), and local officers attended the scene shortly after.
Not a great deal of information regarding the incident has been shared by police at this time, but what we do know is that four boys have been arrested on suspicion of rape, and they currently remain in police custody.
The four boys are aged 12, 13, 14, and 14 – with no further details disclosed by GMP.
We also know that a police investigation into the incident has now been launched, and that a scene remains in place while officers carry out proceedings.
The victim is also currently being supported by specialist officers too.
With the investigation now underway and ongoing, GMP has issued issued a public appeal, and is urging anyone with any information that may assist with enquiries to get in touch, as investigation officers are particularly keen to hear from them.
Any information can be shared by calling 0161 856 8512, quoting log number 2601 of 10/02/2024, or by reporting it on GMP’s website using the ‘tell us about’ tool here – www.gmp.police.uk
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Police appeal as woman, 63, dies after colliding with HGV while crossing road in Rochdale
- Two men jailed following ‘extensive investigation’ after woman was raped in alleyway near Piccadilly Gardens
- GMP detective handed 26 years behind bars for rape and child sexual offences
GMP has also offered support services for if you, or someone you know, has been raped or sexually assaulted, and is encouraging victims not to suffer in silence and report it to the police, or a support agency, so you can get the help and support available.
Support is available at the following contact points:
- Saint Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre – a comprehensive and co-ordinated response to men, women, and children who live or have been sexually assaulted within Greater Manchester. Services are available on a 24-hour basis and can be accessed by calling 0161 276 6515.
- Greater Manchester Rape Crisis – a confidential information, support, and counselling service run by women for women over 18 who have been raped or sexually abused at any time in their lives. Call on 0161 273 4500 or email [email protected]
- Survivors Manchester – specialist trauma informed support to boys and men in Greater Manchester who have experienced sexual abuse, rape, or sexual exploitation. Call 0161 236 2182.
Featured Image – GMP