Former Manchester United star Rio Ferdinand has been banned from driving for six months.
The ex-England centre-half was captured travelling in his new Mercedes at 85mph on the A27 dual carriageway in Hove on July 22 in 2019 – and has now been stripped of his license.
Ferdinand, 41, had already amassed nine driving penalty points before the incident.
This latest offence has added a further three points to his record, triggering an automatic driving disqualification.
Appearing at Crawley Magistrates Court this morning (18 August), Ferdinand said a ban would cause “exceptional hardship” in his life, as he needed to transport his three children to school.
He also argued that private transportation was challenging due to coronavirus, with his pregnant wife unable to drive.
However, magistrates upheld the ban, telling Ferdinand: “Unfortunately COVID has affected everybody in the world the same way.”
This is not the first time Ferdinand – who spent 12 years at Old Trafford – has been suspended from the roads.
Ferdinand’s latest driving offence will land him another six-month suspension.
He has also been told to pay a total of £822 in fines and costs.