A trio of Leeds lads have gone viral this past weekend after an Italian restaurant praised their “mature attitude” during a meal out.
Pals Will, 12, and Leo and Charlie, both 13, usually meet up every weekend to play together, the Yorkshire Evening Post reported, however this past weekend, the classic Northern rainy weather had put a bit of a dampener on their plans, so they decided to head to the popular restaurant Salute at The White Swan in Rothwell for some food instead, as it’s a restaurant that Leo usually goes to with his grandma.
When the trio arrived at the restaurant, they sat down and told staff that they only had £9 between them and asked politely if that would be “enough” for a pizza and water to share between them.
As management at the restaurant recognised Leo from his regular visits, they decided to treat the lads to an extra pizza and some fries for their “mature attitude”.
The restaurant took to social media to share the heartwarming story of the lads’ visit.
ADVERTISEMENT
Explaining in a now-viral Facebook post, Salute at The White Swan said: “They came to Salute asking for a table of three, and they said they had £9 and asked if that would be ‘enough’ for a pizza and water to share.
“In exchange for their mature attitude to dining out, Salute decided to treated them to extra fries and extra pizza.”
ADVERTISEMENT
The restaurant even revealed that Will even took some of the leftover pizza and breadsticks home to share with his baby sister too.
Staff said that the lads’ parents should be “so proud” of them.
The photo showing the lads smiling at their table shared to the restaurant’s Facebook page on Sunday has since gone viral globally, amassing over 44,000 interactions, thousands of shares, and hundreds of comments from people both praising the lads for their attitudes, and the restaurant for “always looking for the good” in people.
ADVERTISEMENT
“Smashing lads well done, and thanks to those at The Swan who have praised them – we have some awesome young people,” one person commented.
Another added: “That’s warmed my heart to read. Loads of young people out there that parents can be proud of, and the lads are an example of that. Keep going the way you are and be proud of yourselves.”
“Lads, that is awesome. You’re clearly a credit to your families, school and wider society, so great to read, and good on the staff for your care and generosity,” a third said.
The restaurant said they hoped the lads’ parents would see the post, and their wish ended up coming true as Leo’s mum, Lucy-Rae Prince, commented underneath the picture saying: “Thanks so much for your call letting us know how polite our boys were today and for looking after them like you did – above and beyond.”
“Thank you for sharing this,” she also added.
ADVERTISEMENT
Lucy also told the Yorkshire Evening Post that she is “so proud” of Leo and his friends for being “so polite and well mannered”, and said that for them to be recognised in such “a lovely way” by Salute was “just amazing for all of us.”
Staff at Salute at The White Swan also told the YEP that they had been “blown away” with the response to the post.
Two decades at the forefront of clubbing: Manchester is celebrating 20 years of WHP
Danny Jones
You heard us right: The Warehouse Project is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, and with 2026 already shaping up for another stellar programme, it’s a truly great moment in which to mark the milestone.
But besides the still-to-be-completed WHP26 lineup itself, the promotion has gone TONNES more in-store to help toast two decades of remarkable nightlife and music-filled autumns and winters.
From its raw beginnings over at the Boddies Brewery in Strangeways, through its formative years at Store Street, the Victoria Warehouse era, and now the modern Depot Mayfield era, WHP has truly only gotten bigger and better as time has gone on.
Now world-famous and even hosting overseas events in the likes of Rotterdam, people travel all over and from all over; nothing quite compares to a long night and well into the early hours over at the warehouse.
As you can see, in addition to the upcoming gigs and sets themselves, they’re looking back on their contribution to Manc club culture, including a brand-new film, podcast series, photography exhibition, and tonnes more.
WHP are even commissioning a special limited-edition print magazine.
This will document the countless people, artists and spaces, as well as Greater Manchester and creative communities that have shaped The Warehouse Project since its inception in 2006.
Speaking of the new six-minute documentary movie, Twenty Years In Manchester, is directed by filmmaker Leigh Powis, reflecting on the WHP story through the lens of iconic and some never-before-seen archive footage, as well as fresh scenes shot across Manchester.
Alongside the film, WHP is also launching a new podcast uncovering untold stories from its history, an outdoor photography exhibition, which will also feed into the aforementioned one-off music mag. documenting the artists, nightlife and culture that have shaped the past 20 years.
Shot across three nights in Manchester, this ‘definitive’ piece of cinematic art positions the city itself as a central character alongside a cast of authentic local dancers and clubbers who have graced these rooms over the years.
Some of it’s even been captured on the last remaining rolls of Kodak Ektachrome film in the world.
A cross-generational retrospective on pure Manc and UK dance music heritage.
The WHP film is set for digital online release globally from Thursday, 29 May, and will be available exclusively to Apple Music subscribers 48 hours before general release HERE as part of their continued collaboration with the streaming platform.
WHP co-founders, Sam Kandel and Richard McGinnis, said in a statement: “Reaching 20 years is a huge moment for us. The Warehouse Project has always been about progression and pushing the boundaries wherever possible.
“Since that first event when Public Enemy played the opening night at Boddingtons Brewery, we’ve always tried to keep things moving and respond as the music and culture around us have evolved.
“That feels like only yesterday! We have some truly incredible parties and line-ups in the pipeline for this 20th season, and both feel so proud to still be here in Manchester, being able to do this.”
We’re already thinking ahead to 2026 and we want to hear your feedback on your experience with us this year. Share your thoughts in our survey and you’ll be in with the chance of winning a season pass to WHP26, giving you access to two tickets to every… pic.twitter.com/xUpsudM4SL
Featured Images — The Warehouse Project (supplied)/Rob Jones
Trending
New record-breaking £8.72m ride opens at Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Emily Sergeant
The day has finally arrived… the UK’s tallest ride is now open to the public.
After first being announced back in May 2025, thrill-seekers have been hotly anticipating the arrival of Blackpool Pleasure Beach‘s newest ride, Aviktas, for the past year – and now, the time has come, as passengers have travelled from across the country to be among the first to experience the adrenaline-pumping spectacle.
Not for the faint of heart, Aviktas launches its riders 138 feet into the air while reaching angles of up to 120 degrees.
Now officially open at the iconic Lancashire seaside theme park, Aviktas has became the largest ride of its kind in the UK – almost doubling the size of the previous tallest, Maelstrom at Drayton Manor.
Blackpool Pleasure Beach’s newest £8.72m ride is now open / Credit: Supplied
The jaw-dropping new ride features a unique design that’s been engineered to ‘maximise thrills’.
According to its creators, Aviktas’ restraints create a sense of freedom leaving its riders feeling weightless as they soar towards its 138 foot peak.
Pleasure Beach has invested £8.72m into the attraction, marking it as its biggest single investment in eight years.
Aviktas is now the tallest rollercoaster of its kind in the UK / Credit: Supplied
“Pleasure Beach has always had a reputation for going big and pushing boundaries, and Aviktas is no exception,” commented Amanda Thompson OBE, who is the CEO of Pleasure Beach Resort.
“Its sheer size and presence speaks for itself, there is simply nothing like it in the UK. We wanted to build something that sets us apart from anywhere else and gives our guests a genuine must-visit reason to come to the park.