A number of prominent UK chain restaurants have already signed up to take part in the Government’s new ‘Eat Out To Help Out’ scheme beginning on August 1.
The Eat Out to Help Out scheme is part of Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak’s #PlanForJobsannounced last week.
The scheme, which will run on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from Monday 3rd August – Monday 31st August 2020, will see restaurants and pubs in England offer a 50% discount up to a maximum of £10 per head as a way of encouraging diners to eat at their establishments.
There is no limit to the number of times that members of the public can use the offer during the period of the scheme, but customers cannot get a discount for someone who is not eating or drinking.
Alcohol and service charges will also be excluded from the offer.
ADVERTISEMENT
To support restaurants and the people who work in them we’re saying ‘Eat Out to Help Out’.
So for the month of August we will give you a 50% reduction, up to £10 per head, on sit-down meals and non-alcoholic drinks Monday-Wednesday. #PlanForJobspic.twitter.com/D6eznIDjqC
Plenty of popular chain restaurants, pubs and fast food establishments across the UK – many of which have branches in the Greater Manchester area – have already signed up to take part in the scheme.
Here is everything we know about the eateries currently set to take part:
ADVERTISEMENT
All Bar One – The owner of the restaurant and bar chain, which has locations on King Street in Manchester city centre and the Trafford Centre has confirmed the intent to take part in the scheme. It of course will not apply to alcoholic drinks, but if you’re just grabbing a bite to eat, or fancy a soft drink, you can get 50% off up to £10 a person.
Browns – The same rules as above will apply at Brown’s, which has a branch in Manchester city centre on York Street, meaning all food and soft drinks will be half price up to £10 a head, Monday – Wednesday, in August.
Burger King – Alasdair Murdoch, CEO at Burger King UK & Ireland, said that the fast food chain will be signing up to the scheme almost as soon as it was announced. Speaking on the BBC’s Coronavirus Newscast podcast, he said: “We’ll certainly be embracing it, as long as we can understand the terms and conditions and work them out.”
Frankie & Benny’s – The American-Italian restaurant chain, which has recently announced permanent closure of a number of branches nationwide but still has outlets in Greater Manchester, told media outlets it will be knocking 50% off the bill up to £10 each in August.
Find out more on the Frankie & Benny’s website here.
ADVERTISEMENT
Harvester – Mitchells & Butlers, the firm behind the Harvester restaurant chain – which has a number of branches throughout Greater Manchester – said it is planning on registering with the scheme for August.
Nando’s – Fans of the ever-popular chicken chain restaurant, which has plenty of outlets open across the city centre and Greater Manchester, will be able to get their peri-peri fix at half-price too in August as Nando’s has confirmed it would be registering for the scheme.
Pizza Hut – Pizza Hut has confirmed it will be getting involved, and will have more than 100 restaurants open for dine-in customers across the UK within the next week.
Prezzo – Italian chain restaurant Prezzo, which has Greater Manchester locations at MediaCityUK and in Bolton, confirmed to media outlets that it is planning to get involved in the scheme in August.
Toby Carvery – Another brand run by Mitchells & Butlers, Toby Carvery – which announced new operational plans for reopening to customers last month – will also be offering 50% off food up to £10 a head on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in August.
Wagamama – The popular Asian cuisine chain restaurant, with a number of outlets in Greater Manchester, will be taking part in the Eat Out to Help Out scheme, and the Rishi Sunak himself was even spotted helping to serve Wagamama’s customers shortly after making the announcement.
Manchester Airport releases list of its 10 fastest-growing holiday hotspots – including ‘Maldives of Europe’
Emily Sergeant
Holiday season is well underway, and now Manchester Airport has released a list of its 10 fastest-growing beach destinations.
Want to visit somewhere new? Destinations in Portugal, Greece, and Croatia are among the 10 fastest-growing summer holiday hotspots on Manchester Airport’s route network.
Following the completion of the £1.3bn Terminal 2 transformation, and a major project to redevelop Terminal 3 also now in the works, the airport is expecting a record summer season this year, which is why, with a couple of weeks left, a list of the top 10 fastest-growing destinations has been revealed, so if you’re short of some travel inspiration, this is it.
Sunseekers’ favourites are all expected to see extra visitors from Manchester this summer, but other lesser-known destinations are seeing an even greater surge in popularity – with the number of people travelling there this summer versus last summer set to double (or even triple) in some cases.
Manchester Airport has released a list of its 10 fastest-growing holiday destinations / Credit: Marie Volkert | Northleg Official (via Unsplash)
These destinations are spread across the Mediterranean, and all offer a rich blend of sun, sea, sand, history, culture, and foodie delights.
As you’d expect, there are a number of Spanish spots on the list, including the emerging Canary Islands favourite of La Palma, Jerez de la Frontera near the historic city of Cadiz, and the popular Valencia.
Elsewhere, you’ll also find the major cities of Marseille in France, Porto in Portugal, and Verona in Italy on the list, but if you’re keen to visit somewhere a little more off the beaten track, why not try and trip to Zadar in Croatia or Preveza in Greece, which both appear to be growing in popularity.
One of the real stand-out gems on the list though has to be what is dubbed the ‘Maldives of Europe’.
Holiday season is well underway at Manchester Airport / Credit: Ivan Shimko (via Unsplash)
Albania’s capital Tirana is not only a great candidate for a city break, but it’s also the starting point for intrepid explorers seeking out the stunning beaches on the Albanian Riviera – which have become famous on social media over the past couple of years, and have drawn comparisons to the bucket list destination of the Maldives.
“Sometimes, a destination will go viral on social media or see a spike in demand as adventurous travellers discover it,” explained Stephen Turner, who is the Chief Commercial Officer at Manchester Airport. “And we then see that translate into airlines adding extra flights or flying larger aircraft to those destinations to meet that demand.
“We keep our finger on the pulse to analyse these trends and we work with our airline partners to ensure that if a particular destination is in vogue, or emerging as a new favourite, you can get there from Manchester.”
See the full list of stunning destinations and get booking your next trip here.
Featured Image – Nick Karvounis (via Unsplash)
Trending
SpudBros are returning to the Trafford Centre following HUGELY successful debut
Emily Sergeant
Viral internet sensation SpudBros are returning to the Trafford Centre following their hugely successful debut.
Following the ‘overwhelming’ success of their first Trafford Centre residency earlier this summer, the UK’s most-followed jacket potato creators SpudBros are returning to the iconic retail destination for a second pop-up later this month.
Shoppers will once again be able to tuck into freshly prepared, fully loaded jacket potatoes served up in minutes, all without compromising on quality, flavour, or portion size.
The SpudBros – also known as Jacob and Harley Nelson – will, once again, be returning as part of Trafford Centre‘s annual summer fair.
At the pop-up, you’ll be able to pick from fan favourites like the Tram Classic, which is loaded with garlic butter, the signature three-cheese mix, beans, crispy onions, and world-famous ‘tram’ sauce, to the Spudfather topped with chilli con carne, tuna, and coleslaw.
There’s also a range of other flavour-packed options to tuck into, alongside the option to build your own potato, allowing every customer to create their perfect lunch.
“The response to our first week at Trafford Centre was incredible, so we couldn’t be more excited to return,” commented SpudBros co-founder, Jacob Nelson.
Viral internet sensation SpudBros are launching a special pop-up at Trafford Centre this summer / Credit: The Manc Group
“Manchester has always shown us so much support online and it was amazing to finally bring SpudBros to the city. We’re looking forward to serving even more visitors and welcoming back everyone who came to see us the first time around.”
Simon Layton, Centre Director at Trafford Centre, added: “SpudBros was a fantastic addition to our summer line-up and proved hugely popular with our visitors, so we’re delighted to welcome the team back for a second pop-up.”
The SpudBros pop-up will be located outside The Great Hall next week from Monday 24 to Saturday 29 August, serving signature loaded potatoes daily from 12-8pm.