An emotional episode of SAS: Who Dares Wins last night saw one of the show’s recruits describe the night his mother was killed in the Manchester Arena terror attack.
Dylan Kiss, 24, was pulled into the interrogation room by the team of ex-Special Forces operators, where he was quizzed about his struggles in the programme.
Earlier in last night’s episode on Channel 4, Dylan was left shaken by a ‘break and fall’ exercise that saw him responsible for catching one of his fellow recruits from free fall.
He confessed to the directing staff that it was difficult for him to ‘have someone else’s life in my hands’, adding that he couldn’t stop thinking of his fellow recruit’s family at home.
Recruit Dylan Kiss struggled with a task on last night’s episode of SAS: Who Dares Wins. Credit: Channel 4
He said: “I thought, ‘she’s got a family, what if I f*** up now?’,” adding: “I know what family means to people. Family’s a massive part of people’s lives.”
Dylan’s mother Michelle Kiss was one of the 22 people killed in the horrific incident on 22 May, 2017.
He opened up on the incident that ‘turned his life upside down’ and recounted the impact it has had on his family in the years since.
Dylan’s mum Michelle Kiss was one of the victims of the Manchester Arena terror attack. Credit: GMP
Dylan said: “Four year ago, my little sister and my mum, on the 22nd of May, they just went out to an Ariana Grande concert, and, er, you know, the next thing, obviously, it all finished and stuff, and a terrorist attack. A bomb went off.
“The next thing me and my dad fly off in my little car because he’d had a glass of wine, not knowing what to expect. My dad’s running up to random women in the street going ‘Michelle is that you?’ Like he just completely lost it.
“And my little sister comes running out and she’s just like ‘Mum’s gone, mum’s gone’.
An emotional Dylan recounting the night of the Manchester Arena attack on SAS: Who Dares Wins. Credit: Channel 4
“Unfortunately my mum got caught in the head and she was pronounced dead the next day, and that’s your new reality.
“I had to become a man, straight away, because my dad was a broken man and my sister needed looking after.
“So I just adopted this persona, this happy, smiling, ‘we can do it, look at our family’. And we thrive staff, we really do.”
His story left even the senior military personnel moved, with ex-Navy SEAL Remi Adeleke describing Dylan as ‘honourable and strong’.
Jason Fox then commented: “Tough that. Poor b*stard.”
Dylan added in Sunday’s episode of SAS: Who Dares Wins: “I lost my mum. I lost the key part to our family. And I owe her to be the best person I can be.
“So I will keep striving for the moon, and I will keep working hard every day, and be a strong person for my family.”
Featured image: Channel 4
TV & Showbiz
Honorary Manc Ariana Grande announces huge world tour – but skips Manchester
Daisy Jackson
Ariana Grande has announced details of a huge world tour, but the honorary Mancunian will be skipping Manchester again.
The 32-year-old, Grammy Award-winning star has instead booked five nights at The O2 in London for her only UK stop on the tour.
Ariana Grande was made an honorary Mancunian back in 2017, in recognition of her work following the Manchester Arena terror attack.
She is the first person to have ever received this honour.
Since the atrocity in the city, which took the lives of 22 people, Ariana has only performed here twice more – once at the One Love concert she organised as a fundraiser for the victims and their families, and once as a headliner of Manchester Pride.
It’s been six years since her last tour, but Ariana Grande is now back, sharing details of her hotly-anticipated The Eternal Sunshine Tour next summer.
As well as her five-night residency in London, she’ll play four nights in LA and Brooklyn, as well as cities right across North America.
Ariana Grande has announced The Eternal Sunshine Tour
Her London dates will be her only European shows on The Eternal Sunshine Tour.
Eternal Sunshine was released in 2024 and was her seventh studio album, spawning singles ‘Yes, And?’, ‘We Can’t Be Friends’, and ‘The Boy Is Mine’.
Ariana Grande is now also an Academy Award and Golden Globe-nominated actress thanks to her starring role in Wicked as Glinda the Good Witch.
Tickets for her tour will go on sale from Tuesday 16 September with an artist presale as well as an O2 Priority Presale. Remaining tickets will be available during the general ons-ale beginning Thursday 18 September at 10am.
Ariana Grande – The Eternal Sunshine Tour Dates 2026
BBC needs outspoken Mancs to share their hottest TV takes in brand-new show
Emily Sergeant
Outspoken Mancs are being urged to apply to take part in a new BBC show where they share their hottest TV takes.
We all have opinions when it comes to television, right? Whether it be which show had the best and worst ending, which characters deserved better arcs, or which shows are the most underrated – you name it, someone will have an opinion on it.
Some people, however, like to broadcast or shout about their options a little louder than others do… and it’s these people the BBC is looking to speak to.
The broadcaster is currently in the process of casting for a new digital pilot called People Watching that will give people from across the UK a chance to share their hottest TV takes, straight from the comfort of their own sofa, and is looking for outspoken people from across Greater Manchester to talk the talk and take part.
The BBC needs outspoken Mancs to share their hottest TV takes in a brand-new show / Credit: CoWomen (via Pexels)
A casting call for the new show on the BBC website reads: “Subtitles on or off? What would your winning strategy be on The Traitors? And what is the most overrated show ever made?
“If you have a big personality, an interesting living room, or are part of a household group who love a binge watch – we want to hear from you.”
People Watching is being produced for the BBC by BBC Socials, which likely means it’ll be a show primarily made for online audiences.
To apply to feature on the show, you’ll need to be 18 years old or over, and you must be willing to allow the BBC to film in your home.
Applicants will need to send casting directors a short ‘expression of interest’ in the form of a paragraph or video link, telling them a bit about yourself, your favourite BBC show, and most importantly, your most controversial TV opinion.
The closing date for applications is 1 October 2025, and you can apply by sending an email to [email protected]