A new feature-length documentary about Stockport band Blossoms is being released this weekend
Blossom: Back to Stockport focuses on the band’s headline show at Edgeley Park stadium on 22 June 2019 - as well as unseen, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews.
A brand new documentary about Stockport band Blossoms is set to be released this weekend.
The feature-length film, titled Blossoms: Back To Stockport, will premiere on YouTube on November 7 at 8pm GMT before being made available on Amazon Prime on Sunday.
The documentary, directed by Charlie Watts, relives the band’s huge show at Stockport County’s Edgeley Park in the summer of 2019.
Packed with glorious gig footage, Back To Stockport is also an origins story – chronicling the rise of Blossoms through previously unseen footage and exclusive interviews.
Speaking about the documentary, Blossoms said: “We’ve worked with Charlie [the director] on and off since the band started really, so when the opportunity to make something together surrounding the homecoming show in Stockport came about, we jumped at the chance.
ADVERTISEMENT
“We think he’s really captured the spirit of the band and, being a friend, he was able to get the natural moments you don’t normally see in a band documentary.”
Director Watts told NME: “No one’s really gigging at the moment. So, it’ll be nice particularly for the fans, who have been deprived of Blossoms gigs for a long time because of the rubbish that’s gone on in the world.”
ADVERTISEMENT
Blossoms released a unique double album back in October featuring several tracks recorded during lockdown – having already secured a second UK number one earlier in the year with ‘Foolish Loving Spaces‘.
Blossoms: Back To Stockport will be available on YouTube for 24 hours from 8pm tomorrow (7 November) before moving to Amazon Prime.
New Century to open new 450-capacity gig venue in Manchester
Lydia Mastrolonardo
New Century has announced it will introduce a brand-new live music and events venue, ‘Locker’, this autumn.
Ever since the much-loved, reborn building announced that the current food traders would be moving out, with the New Century Kitchens food hall concept making way for a ‘new chapter’, we’ve been on the edge of our seats wondering what would take its place.
And now the legendary mid-century building has confirmed that a second, 450-capacity gig venue will be opening beneath the iconic existing music hall.
New Century have just revealed that part of their ground floor space will now be a brand new live music venue called ‘Locker’, and it’s opening to the public this autumn.
This new intimate venue joining Manchester’s ‘live music ecosystem’ is set to host both Manchester-based and nation-wide artists, catering to all music lovers and showcasing a whole range of music genres from rock, jazz and hip-hop to electronic music and more.
Manchester has always been home to some of the most influential live music venues, and this one is hoping to leave its mark as a platform facilitating the exposure of emerging talent, whilst remaining an exciting food and drinks space, in the heart of Manchester.
New Century believe in the importance of supporting smaller artists and pride themselves on providing new opportunities and a platform for promoters and talent new to Manchester’s music scene, whilst simultaneously providing an affordable space for the public to enjoy live music.
New Century Kitchens is to remain operating throughout the transformation later this year, with the current food vendors moving out on a staggered basis over the summer, to make way for the introduction of one central food concept.
New Century to open new 450-capacity gig venue, Locker, in ManchesterLocker will be opening where the existing New Century Kitchens is based
The new food concept will operate alongside the new separate, sound-proofed space that is ‘Locker,’ equipped with a high-spec live setup, described as one of the best available to us here in Manchester for a venue of its capacity.
Fear not – the existing bar is there to stay, alongside the spectacular outdoor seating area which will remain capturing the sunlight just right in these summer months, as well as there being plenty of exciting plans in place for us over summer, including screenings for the World Cup and much more.
Abby Mudge, Managing Director of New Century, said: “Locker aims to reimagine our ground floor in a way that enables us to support grassroots talent further, as well as providing independent hospitality for which New Century is known and loved.
“Our loyal guests will still be able to enjoy the same look and feel, the same great team, our beautiful bar and an exciting new food concept throughout the day and into the evening. We’re proud to be creating more space in the city for emerging artists and promoters in a building that lives and breathes music.
“Locker will also provide even more experience and opportunities for the students who call our building home at dBs Institute, supporting New Century’s musical ecosystem. We can’t wait to welcome Manchester to Locker in the Autumn!”
The arrival of Locker is also warmly welcomed by the Music Venue Trust, as Jay Taylor, the organisation’s Regional Venues Alliance Coordinator added: “New Century expanding to incorporate a second 450-capacity grassroots space is a huge step forward which will create significant opportunities for artists, promoters and audiences.
“This is a really encouraging addition to Manchester’s live music ecosystem, strengthening our vital infrastructure and grassroots scene.”
Nestled within Manchester’s NOMA district and a only short walk from both Manchester Victoria Train Station and Shudehill interchange, this venue is easily accessible to all music and food lovers on the hunt for a refreshing new venue to visit.
We never thought we’d say it but autumn can’t come soon enough.
For the latest news on Locker and exclusive access to 25% off opening tickets plus the chance to win a £200 food and drinks tab sign up to their newsletterHERE.
Salford Pride’s popular Pink Picnic returns this summer with ‘iconic’ headliners
Emily Sergeant
Boney M, The Cheeky Girls, and Ru Paul’s Drag Race UK stars are all on the lineup at Salford Pride’s popular Pink Picnic this summer.
As this summer marks 15 years of Pride in Salford, Salford Pride has announced a whole host of exciting events to celebrate – including the return of The Pink Picnic, its biggest family-friendly celebration yet, with headliners like 90s and 00s music icons, community talent, and even a ‘bigger and bolder’ Youth Zone for 2026.
Returning to Peel Park once again, The Pink Picnic brings together LGBTQ+ community, allies, families and friends for a day built around community, joy, and belonging.
For 2026, Salford Pride is expanding the experience further with even more to do across the park than ever before.
The Pink Picnic has been part of Salford’s Pride story since 2011, but this year’s 15th anniversary addition is set to be one for the history books, as alongside a headline lineup featuring Boney M, RuPaul’s Drag Race UK’s Kyran Thrax and Paige Three, The Cheeky Girls, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv, and Baby D, a strong programme of community acts will also be spotlighted.
Some of the exceptional community acts already named on the lineup so far include Tallulah Guard, Fear of Marko, and John Tucker.
Across the day, visitors can also shop from dozens of community stalls and market traders, take part in or watch the much-loved annual dog show, and visit the ‘bigger and bolder’ Youth Zone that’s designed to help young people feel seen and celebrated.
“Celebrating 15 years of Pride in Salford feels really special, and we wanted 2026 to feel like a proper thank you to the community that’s built this with us” said Scott Turzański, who is the Head of Marketing and Brand at Salford Pride.