The sun is out, the temperatures are soaring – and Manchester has become one of the most picturesque places in the country this week.
The city has got all dressed up in celebration of the annual Manchester Flower Show.
The nine-day festival – which is dubbed the ‘most Instagrammable event of the year’ – officially kicked off last Saturday and has since seen the city draped from head to toe in magnificent floral tributes, with plants and flowers covering landmark buildings, shop windows, doorways, balconies, statues and fountains.
Huge topiary beasts, light sculptures, floral tributes to the NHS and key workers, and more have all been arranged for the occasion too.
There’s even an array of alfresco drink and dining options taking place throughout the event.
One of the stand-out events for those partial to a tipple or two is undoubtedly the Manchester Flower Shower Cocktail Trail.
23 of Manchester’s popular venues are taking part by serving up floral-themed cocktails especially for the occasion, meaning drinks lovers can make their way around all four corners of the city centre, sipping cocktails in the sunshine along the way.
Here are the cocktails on offer:
- Margarita at 20 Stories – A classic drink from Mexico famously named after a lady called Daisy, this is a beautiful balance of Cointreau and Tequila that is perfect for any occasion.
- Bouquet at Atomeca – An elegant summer sipper that’s perfect for enjoying on the terrace.
- Canto Colada at Canto – A delicate blend of Disarrano, vodka and passion fruit.
- Sky Garden at Cloud 23 – A specially-curated botanical cocktail ideal for sipping while taking in the panoramic views of Manchester.
- Elderflower Spritz at Comptoir Libanias – A refreshing Elderflower Spritz that embodies the spirit of an English garden.
- Dakota Aviation at Dakota Hotel Manchester – A combination of sweet, sour and floral flavours, Dakota’s very own DC3 gin is paired with violet notes and sharp lemon, all topped with an edible floral garnish.
- Maravilla at Ducie Street Warehouse – Tequila Ocho with a marigold, white pepper and fennel cordial, Suze Aperitif and lengthened with Two Keys Green Tea Soda.
- Catalonian Collins at El Gato Negro – Puertas strawberry gin is mixed with strawberry and Sicilian lemonade.
- Violet Twist at Grand Pacific – A blend of Ketel One Vodka, Violette Liqueur, Blue Curacao, lychee and lemon juice and egg white.
- Hyattcinth at The Graduate Bar at Hyatt Hotels Manchester – A floral-themed, gin-based cocktail created to celebrate everything the Flower Show stands for.
- Kings Refuge at Kimpton Clocktower Hotel – Jameson’s Whiskey is mixed with Kings Ginger, lemon juice and gomme, then poured over cubed ice and topped with rosemary.
- Mr Thomas’s Elderflower Gimlet at Mr Thomas Chop House – Hendricks gin is paired with elderflower cordial, lime and cucumber in this summer cocktail.
- A Red Rose Grew Up Out of Ice Frozen Ground at Peru Perdu – A decadent South American floral cocktail to sip in the restaurant’s glorious pink interiors.
- Violet Revival at Qbic Hotel – This is a twist on a classic aviation with tequila, violet liquor and maraschino.
- The Curious Garden at Tast Catala – This punchy drink provides a mix of Suntory Toki, Midori, lemon, apple and ginger ale.
- Les Vingt at The Lowry Hotel – A special twist on a French 75, with gin, champagne, lemon juice and sugar syrup.
- Botanical Kingdom Cocktail at King Street Townhouse – This botanical gin concoction encapsulates the spirit of King Street Townhouse, with the ingredients changing with the phases of the year.
- Rose-ito at Flight Club – Lanique Spirit of Rose is mixed with lime juice, sugar syrup, soda and fresh mint.
- Flora Dora at Hotel Indigo Manchester – A gin based cocktail with floral undertones with strawberry, lime and ginger beer.
- Summer of Hope at Stock Exchange Hotel & The Bull & Bear – A delicate balance of mandarin and grapefruit with a kick of punchy Reposado.
- Lavender Bee’s Knees at The Gardener’s Delight in Harvey Nichols – This cocktail features the finest foraged ingredients from the idyllic surroundings of Forest Gin’s distillery in the Peak District National Park, paired with fresh lemon juice, honey and lavender.
- Botanical Kingdom at King Street Townhouse – Slingsby Rhubarb Gin, rhubarb syrup and liqueur blends with fiery ginger puree, refreshing hints of lemon and a floral note of lavender.
- The Parma Violet Gin Sour at The Lawn Club – This impressive cocktail blends Parma Violet Gin with elderflower liqueur, fresh lemon, and sugar.
You can find more information about Manchester Flower Show 2021 here.
Featured Image – The Manc Group