A murder investigation was launched on 9 September 2021 after officers were called to Norton Street in Trafford just before 6pm to a report of a stabbing.
Emergency services attended and found a 16-year-old teenager, Rhamero West from south Manchester, with a number of stab wounds.
Emergency services swiftly attended and provided vital medical treatment before he was taken to hospital where he sadly died a short time later.
A number of other incidents and scenes were identified on the evening of the murder which detectives are working to piece together.
Rhamero West, 16, died tragically after suffering several stab wounds // GMP
Enquiries have led to detectives believing that four people in a blue BMW car, which Rhamero was in, were being chased from Upper Chorlton Road into the residential streets of Trafford. Rhamero left the vehicle but was caught and suffered fatal injuries.
ADVERTISEMENT
Rhamero’s family, who are appealing for justice for their son, said: “Our son’s life was taken away from him on Thursday 9 September 2021, on the day he started his first day at college studying catering.
“We are in total shock and want justice for our beautiful son Mero. His life was taken too soon at the age of 16, turning 17 on the 20 September.
ADVERTISEMENT
“We are all devastated are now left with an empty hole in our hearts. Mero was a beautiful soul and got on with everyone who he met.
“He will be sadly missed, lots of love son, we will love you forever – mum, dad, Remi and not forgetting your nephew Caerus. We will make sure he will never forget you.
“Each and everyone in the family right now wishes you were still here. Sleep tight baby boy till we meet again. We love you forever.”
ADVERTISEMENT
A Greater Manchester Police officer // GMP
Detective Chief Inspector Liz Hopkinson, from GMP’s Major Incident Team, said: “Our thoughts are with Rhamero’s family and we have specialist officers supporting his mum, dad and brother through this extremely distressing time.
“A number of detectives have been working to piece together the sequence of events and find those responsible. At this stage, we understand that Rhamero was attacked by two males and we’re working hard to identify them but would appeal for anyone with information to come forward.
“Since the attack, we’ve already followed up a number of lines of enquiry and we’re carefully examining CCTV and forensics.
“There will be people who know who was involved in this attack on a young teenager and we would ask them to come forward – even the smallest bit of information may prove vital in our investigation.
“A family have lost their young son and they are deserving of answers. Do the right thing and speak with our officers by reporting any information online or by using our LiveChat service at www.gmp.police.uk.
ADVERTISEMENT
Anyone with information or dash-cam, mobile phone or CCTV footage can also submit it via GMP’s Major Incident Public Portal here.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”555 111.
Trafford
JD are giving away 400 free iced drinks at Trafford Centre this weekend
Lydia Mastrolonardo
JD has just launched a brand-new in-store cafe at the Trafford Centre, with a huge iced drink giveaway planned for its opening weekend.
iced. opened earlier this week and we couldn’t be more chuffed they’ve chosen Manchester as their third UK location.
The cafe is set to supply a range of matchas, coffees, teas, shakes and some delicious sweet treats to choose from while you shop – as if we needed any further encouragement to do some retail therapy.
iced.’s menu contains some of our favourites, including banana bread matchas, white mocha clouds, and strawberry cream shakes.
JD are giving away 400 free iced drinks at Trafford Centre this weekend / Credit: The Manc Group
What better way to browse the latest fashion, sports, and lifestyle brands than with an iced matcha in hand?
To celebrate, iced. are offering a free drink to each of the first 200 customers each day this weekend.
Simply head on inside JD Sport in Trafford Centre, to claim a free drink of your choice this Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 August, while stocks last.
iced. will be open on Mondays to Fridays from 9am-10pm, Saturdays from 9am-9pm, and Sundays from 11:30am-6pm.
Featured Image – The Manc Group
Trafford
New number ‘confirmed’ as Marcus Rashford returns to Manchester United
Danny Jones
Against the odds and the transfer gods, local lad Marcus Rashford has officially rejoined Manchester United for pre-season, and it looks as though his new shirt number has been revealed.
It’s one with a fair bit of significance for a couple of reasons, too.
Yes, despite it looking nailed on for Rashford to have all but left Man United ‘for good’ following two loan stints at Aston Villa and a successful spell at FC Barcelona last term, the Wythenshawe winger has returned to Carrington and now looks set to be reintegrated into the squad.
Just goes to show that besides the Red Devils having seen plenty of sagas in their time, anything can happen in a transfer window.
As you can see, the homegrown United academy product turned first-team star and England international was spotted driving into the team’s training complex to link back up with his former teammates and, indeed, some new faces since he left.
The last time Rashford played for his boyhood and still parent club was back in December 2024, and his most recent loan deal to Barcelona was expected to be made permanent provided he performed well – which, with 14 goals and 10 assists, he did.
Plenty of Barca fans were more eager to see him join his self-proclaimed dream destination full-time, too.
However, not only were the Catalan giants ultimately unwilling to pay the estimated €30 million transfer fee for his services – not to mention his significant wage demands – but after they decided to sign Newcastle and fellow Three Lions attacker Anthony Gordon in a similar position, it never came to fruition.
Now seemingly set to be given another chance in the senior setup and a chance at getting into the first-team squad under Michael Carrick, who has seen every up and down of Rashford’s time at the ‘Theatre of Dreams’; he’s also set to carry on wearing the same shirt number he did for the ‘Blaugrana’.
Reportedly set to take the vacant #14 jersey, which has been free since Christian Eriksen left the club in May 2025, it provides some kind of continuity from his fruitful chapter away from home.
Not only did Rashford supposedly select the shirt while in Spain due to his admiration for Thierry Henry, who famously shared a similar kind of inside forward role throughout his career, but it’s been noted by many fans that it’s also the same number his best mate Jesse Lingard used to wear.
While it remains to be seen how happy the 28-year-old is to have ended up back at Old Trafford, this has at least served as a nice little full-circle coincidence for some supporters.
As for the apparent reintegration process itself – what do you make of it, Reds: are you among those glad to see him back in United colours, or do you think he should still look at a move away from the club in the near future?