Chris Evans has officially been named the Sexiest Man Alive for 2022, according to People Magazine’s annual rankings.
As many of u probably know by now, US weekly publication People Magazine is known for its annual rankings of the sexiest men alive, where over 100 celebrity men are ranked in a list based on their physical appearance, with one famous name taking the top spot every year.
In previous years, Chris Hemsworth, Ryan Reynolds, John Legend, Idris Elba, Channing Tatum, and David Beckham have all been winners of the accolade, with actor Michael B. Jordan the latest to claim the title in 2021.
But for 2022, Chris Evans has clinched the crown.
It’s not the British TV and radio presenter by the way, in case you’re getting confused.
The Chris Evans who has taken the title as the Sexiest Man Alive for 2022 is the 41-year-old American actor who is most-famous for his role as Captain America in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Evans has been playing the role of Steve Rogers / Captain America since 2011, and has starred in three solo movies as the character, as well as four films in the Avengers series, and has made a number of both credited and uncredited cameos in other Marvel movies.
His work in the Marvel franchise has established him as one of the world’s highest-paid actors, as if being the Sexiest Man alive wasn’t enough.
Aside from Marvel and other comic book movies, audiences may know Evans for starring in the drama Gifted (2017), the mystery film Knives Out (2019), and the television miniseries Defending Jacob (2020).
The news was announced during The Late Show With Stephen Colbert last night.
Speaking to People Magazine about his new title, Chris Evans said: “My mom will be so happy. She’s proud of everything I do, but this is something she can really brag about.”
Bernardo Silva refused to speak to Bruno Fernandes during the FA Cup final
The first-ever Manchester Derby FA Cup final in history was always going to be an acrimonious affair, but one flare-up fans might not have expected came between midfielders Bruno Fernandes and Bernardo Silva.
Man City took one step closer to winning the treble on Saturday — a feat which would see them equal United’s treasured achievement in 1999 — but at half-time, Bernardo Silva’s derby day mentality was well and truly locked in as the two Portuguese players had a little spat on the pitch.
With the United captain walking up to share a few words with his international teammate as they went to walk down the tunnel, City’s number 20 had no interest in chatting with his compatriot.
In fact, in a moment picked up by the cameras on the day, Bernardo not only did his best to ignore Bruno but even shoved him away when his opposite numbers tried to get his attention.
That’s an icy blue cold shoulder if we’ve ever seen one.
Moreover, while Fernandes has previously insisted he has “a great relationship with Bernardo” and that the two share regular WhatsApp messages throughout the season, he did admit ahead of that game they “normally don’t speak” until after the full-time whistle these days.
That being said, it would seem only Silva got the derby day memo this time around and, much like City have been on the pitch for a good five or six seasons now, he chose to remain ruthless and quite literally push his friendship to the side.
Although seeing rival players (often fellow countrymen or ex-teammates) greeting and hugging each other before, during and after a game is much more commonplace these days, it’s still one that split opinion — especially if you’re Roy Keane.
The United legend has previously slammed a number of players from his former club for being far too friendly in the tunnel before going up against each other — including in a Manchester derby not long ago — stating that they need to “cut that” and “just get down the tunnel”.
Nevertheless, it looks as though the more cutthroat attitude helped the Blues on the day, scoring within 13 seconds to set the tone for the rest of the game.
Pep Guardiola‘s side now only needs to win one more game, the Champions League final against Inter Milan this weekend, to do the treble and put themselves even deeper into the history books than they already are. Either way, many already believe Pep will go down as the greatest of all time.
Holly Willoughby delivers honest and emotional statement addressing Phillip Schofield scandal on This Morning return
Holly Willoughby has officially addressed the ongoing Phillip Schofield scandal on her return to This Morning on Monday.
Making her first appearance since the pair both dropped off the show following Schofield’s admission that he had a relationship with a younger man who worked on the show, his former co-presenter jumped straight into the issue at the top of the show.
“Firstly, are you OK? I hope so. It feels very strange sitting here without Phil and I know that you might be feeling a lot like I have: shaken, troubled, let down, worried for the wellbeing on all sides of what’s been going on, and have lots of questions.
“You, me and all of us at This Morning gave our love and support to someone who was not telling the truth, who acted in a way that they themselves felt they had to resign from ITV and step down from a career they loved. That is a lot to process and it’s equally hard to see the toll that has taken on their own mental health.”
The 42-year-old went on to say, “I think what unites us all now is a desire to heal for the health and wellbeing of everyone. I hope that as we start this new chapter and get back to a place of warmth and magic that this show holds for all of us, we can find strength in each other.
“From my heart, can I just say thank you for all your kind messages and thank you for being here this morning. Myself, Josie, Dermot, Alison, Craig and everyone who works on this show will continue to work hard every single day to bring you the show that we love.”
Stand-in host Josie Gibson then hugged Holly and said: “All we can do now is be the family that we are”.
After making it through the statement, Holly and Josie then jumped back into the regularly scheduled programming as usual.
As for the scandal itself, Schofield recently gave an exclusive interview with the BBC admitting that his “career is over” and had “suicidal thoughts” after the story broke, as well as insisting that he hasn’t spoken with Holly since apart from sending her an apology via text following his own statement.
The 61-year-old continues to deny allegations that he groomed the man he maintained a relationship with for a number of years but ITV has stated that they are continuing to investigate the situation following his resignation.