The ex-girlfriend of Manchester United winger Antony, Gabriela Cavallin, has spoken out publicly for the first time following allegations of domestic abuse earlier this month.
Cavallin, 22, has since gone on national television to discuss the ongoing investigation, providing extended details surrounding the multiple instances alleged and other information not previously mentioned in the initial reports.
Speaking on Brazil’s second-biggest news show, Report TV, she equated living with Antony to being in “private captivity”, describing him as “an extremely aggressive and impatient person”.
Antony dos Santos’ ex-girlfriend, Gabriela Cavallin, speaks out publicly about her alleged abuse for the first time on Brazilian TV.
As the translation of the interview reads, the DJ and influencer explained how the United player abused her whilst she was roughly three months pregnant, not allowing her to leave the house and even apparently threatening that their unborn son would “die” if they broke up.
ADVERTISEMENT
Describing the first case of abuse last year, she said: “He held me by both arms, threw me on the bed and fell on top of me, causing my silicone prosthesis [breast implants] to dislocate. At the time, it gave me such a shortness of breath that it looked like I was going to die.”
Cavallin says she went on to require surgery and a total of 40 stitches to correct the displacement, adding that in one instance, “He threw water on me, started kicking me, grabbed me by the hair, headbutted and left me with a cut”.
ADVERTISEMENT
She also detailed more of the controlling behaviour, explaining how the former Ajax man broke her suitcase and mobile phone, as well as taking her suitcase and passport to stop her from leaving. As she puts it, she was “a prisoner from 10pm to almost 3.30am” and not even his mother could stop it.
🗣️ Antony's ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin: “He attacked me, shoved me against the door (of the car). There, I said to myself: 'It's over'.
Cavallin alleges that Antony then threatened that she, himself, and their son would "die" if she ended their relationship.
As noted in the initial police report, there was one instance when Antony’s mother supposedly called his physio to ask for help but to no avail, with Cavallin insisting that “no one could control it.” Report TV even showed a police report from another woman filing claims of violence against the Brazil international.
DJ Gabi, as she is known to her fans, said it got to the point where she just “wanted to get out of there” but that her former partner warned she wouldn’t be able to leave until she erased all evidence of the abuse that she ultimately went on to submit to local police.
ADVERTISEMENT
It is worth noting that there have been some inconsistencies surrounding the reporting of the timeline of events, but Cavallin says she “do whatever it takes” to get justice, insisting, “I’ll go to England to report the assault, failure to help, false imprisonment, psychological abuse — everything he did to me.”
She cut a clearly emotional figure throughout, tearing up on a number of occasions and revealing how she has been left with both “physical and psychological trauma” as a result of his treatment.
The young artist and social media personality concluded her interview with a heartbreaking line, stating: “He was my best dream and then he became my worst nightmare. He got both”.
As yet, neither Antony himself nor United are yet to issue a response to the claims, but they show no signs of going away.
You can see the full interview with subtitles down below:
Featured Image — RecordTV (via Twitter)/Antony Santos (via Instagram)
News
Kevin De Bruyne confirms he is leaving Manchester City
Danny Jones
One of the Premier League’s best-ever players and a true Manchester City legend, Kevin De Bruyne, has confirmed he will soon be leaving the club.
Announced in a series of emotional social media posts on Friday, 4 April, the brilliant Belgian footballer will be calling time on his career at the Etihad Stadium come the end of this season.
Having spent a decade in the iconic blue of Man City, De Bruyne will undoubtedly go down as one of their all-time greats, having helped them to their first Champions League trophy during the Treble-winning year and a record four consecutive Premier League titles – of which he’s won six in total.
As you can see in the lengthy message shared on his social media, ‘King Kev’ informed City supporters that this current campaign will be his last in their colours, writing: “Every story comes to an end, but this has definitely been the best chapter.”
The 33-year-old, who has suffered from increasing injury problems over the last couple of years, goes on to say that “Nothing about this is easy to write, but as football players we all know this day eventually come. That day is here – and you deserve to hear it from me first.”
In what is clearly a heartfelt and just as difficult a post for him to write as it is for fans to hear, he added: Football led me to all of you – and this city […] This will always be our HOME.”
Blues all over Greater Manchester and beyond will be heartbroken, but many won’t be completely shocked given his in-and-out
It’s a sad day to be a Cityzen, no doubt.
Speaking in the pre-match press conference ahead of the Manchester derby, manager Pep Guardiola said: “In the Premier League, he is one of the greatest midfielders in this country and top of the Club. Great, if not the greatest.
Manchester City will bid an emotional farewell to Kevin De Bruyne this summer when his contract expires, bringing an end to a glittering 10-year period at the Club 🩵
Although his talent will never come into question, it’s no secret that he’s struggled to stay fit and be as prolific a creator in Guardiola‘s side – though this is largely in contrast to his ridiculously high levels and just how much of a talisman he has been over the past 10 years.
Starting just 19 matches this season, he’s still managed to score four goals and register seven assists, but a recurring hamstring problem has seen game time limited.
Regardless, when he’s at his best, there’s no question about it: he’s the best player in the Premier League, and the club have promised to pay fitting tributes to their generational number 17.
With 106 goals to his name in 413 appearances – the first midfielder since Colin Bell to reach over a century – across all competitions for City, not to mention 118 assists in the Premier League alone, he’s been one of the most creative and, frankly, ingenious players on the planet for more than a decade.
Whether you’re a Blue, a Red or otherwise, no one can deny the joy of watching him play football. Thanks for the memories, KdB.
Featured Images — Brad Tutterow (via Flickr)/soccer.ru (via WikiCommons) Kevin De Bruyne (via X)
News
Prestwich’s regeneration plans take another step forward
Danny Jones
The regeneration plans being put forward for Prestwich have taken another step forward as a construction company has new been appointed to bring the vision of a new village centre to life.
With full planning permission for phase one of the redevelopment granted back in July 2024, it’s been pretty much full speed ahead on lining up one of Greater Manchester’s latest regeneration projects and adding more to what is already one of its best up-and-coming suburbs.
Prestwich Village Regeneration LLP are pumping over £100 million into developing the main square, and with Chroma Consulting having now passed on the baton to those erecting this new-look town centre, the joint venture between Bury Council and national ‘place maker’ Muse, work can soon begin.
You can see one of the first early renders down below:
CGIs of the new space around the Longfield Centre. (Credit: Supplied)
VINCI Building were officially appointed as construction partners last month, and with enabling works (surveys, ground investigations and so forth) now complete, the contractors are expected to get underway soon.
Additions to the vibrant new village centre will include a multi-storey Travel Hub, which will also see 301 new parking spaces, along with electric vehicle charging points, cycle storage and a car club. This will replace the Fairfax Road car park, which closed when the early stage began last December.
Beyond this, the Prestwich regeneration plans are set to include a community hub, library and flexible community space for arts and cultural events, a new Prestwich Health Centre; a fresh village square with ‘family-friendly social places’ and room for open-air markets, festivals and more.
A dedicated Prestwich Village Market hall will be the perfect place to house local retailers as well as food and drink vendors, not to mention a much better entry point into the village courtesy of plans to transform the “arrival experience from the tram” by integrating with surrounding green spaces.
Speaking of which, there will also be extensive landscaping in and around the village centre, with the existing fountain set to be removed and new public art installations created in its place.
A glimpse at the new Prestwich Village Market.An overview of all three phases.Credit: Supplied
Beyond the public spaces, over 200 new homes – which made up a big part of the initial application – are also included in the wider vision, with a mix of affordable housing and FTB (first-time buyers) properties.
Leader of Bury Council, Eamonn O’Brien, said of the latest developments: “We are thrilled to announce the next stage in this multi-million pound transformational regeneration scheme, which marks a significant step towards revitalising the heart of Prestwich Village and creating a vibrant, sustainable future for all.
“As well as enhancing local infrastructure, our ambitious plans will foster economic growth and improve the quality of life for the whole community.” A final completion date is yet to be confirmed, but work on the Travel Hub specifically is set to carry over into next year.
Exciting times are ahead for Prestwich. It’s not the only borough making plans for the next chapter and set for a bit of TLC.