Drivers told to ‘plan ahead’ as parts of Mancunian Way will be closed this week
Diversions will be in place.
Motorists in Greater Manchester are being urged to “plan ahead” as parts of Mancunian Way will be closed throughout this week.
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) is warning of delays this week as the major road in and out of the city centre, the Mancunian Way, is set to see a series of both overnight and daytime lane closures until Friday (27 January).
The closures are to allow for “planned works”, TfGM says.
An overnight closure will take place on the Mancunian Way eastbound from London Road to Fairfield Street, and then a further daytime closure of one lane will be in place on the Mancunian Way between London Road and Hoyle Street.
Those using the road for access and commuting purposes this week are being urged to “plan ahead”.
Drivers are being reminded of the overnight diversions in place, and TfGM is encouraging people to find other routes or use alternative public transport methods.
Mancunian Way closures
- From 8pm Monday 23 January – 5am Tuesday 24 January: Overnight closure
- From 5am Tuesday 24 January – 8pm Wednesday 25th January: Daytime lane closure
- From 8pm Wednesday 25 January – 5am Thursday 26 January: Overnight closure
- From 5am Thursday 26 January – 8pm Thursday 26 January: Daytime lane closure
- From 8pm Thursday 26 January – 5am Friday 27 January: Overnight closure
TfGM has confirmed that during the overnight closures this week, traffic will be diverted via London Road, Ardwick Green South, Stockport Road, Devonshire Street, and Chancellor Lane, before the diversion ends at Pin Mill Brow.
- Mancunian Way speed limit to be slashed in bid to tackle ‘particularly hazardous’ stretch of road
- Drivers could be fined for using common ‘thank you gestures’ on UK roads
- ‘Inspirational’ 100-year-old Macclesfield man who reads to schoolchildren given prestigious honour
Find out more information about the planned closures on the TfGM website here.
Featured Image – David Dixon (via Geograph)