Jose Baladron, TRAID’s Recycling Development Manager, said: “We’re delighted to be partnering with Camden Town Brewery to keep clothes in use for longer.
“Our wardrobes are full of clothes we no longer wear or need and extending the life of the clothes we already have is one of the most environmentally beneficial things we can do to reduce our waste, water and carbon footprints.”
Fred Nesbitt, head of marketing at Camden Town Brewery, said: “We are so excited to be working with TRAID again for the Camden Chilly TRAID Off.
“There’s nothing we love more than good beer for a good cause, and we are encouraging Brits to dig deep into the back of their wardrobe this winter, to come down and donate any unwanted coats or jackets in exchange for our freshest new IPA.
“We usually have the pleasure of visiting Manchester and Leeds in summer for our Tank Party Tour, so we are really looking forward to heading on tour this Chilly season instead!”
The Camden Chilly Traid-Off will be at the Trafford Centre with free beers between 12pm and 4pm on Wednesday 17 November.
Featured image: Supplied
You can get half-price fish and chips for just £3.49 at all Morrisons cafes today
Morrisons is giving hungry customers the chance to tuck into a hearty helping of fish and chips at half the price for just one day only today.
And it’s all to suitably celebrate National Fish and Chip Day.
A popular annual event in the British foodie calendar, National Fish and Chip Day falls on Friday 2 June this year, and to mark the special occasion, Morrisons has slashed the price of its usual chippy offering at hundreds of its in-store cafes nationwide.
The major supermarket has more than 400 cafes inside stores right across the UK, and the half-price food offer is believed to be available at all of them.
Adults can enjoy Fish, Chips and Peas for just £3.49, while the children‘s Mini Fish, Chips and Peas meal has also been reduced to £2.74.
Not a bad bargain at all, right?
The only catch is though, you’ll need to be signed-up to the supermarket‘s loyalty scheme and scan your Morrisons More card at the cafe checkout if you want to claim the half price offer.
Morrisons’ half-price fish and chips offer also comes after it relaunched its popular ‘Ask for Henry’ initiative towards the end of April after a successful run when it was first introduced amid the rising cost of living crisis in 2022.
‘Ask for Henry’ saw the retailer team up with Heinz for scheme that’s aimed at helping those struggling with their finances get themselves a free hot meal.
Morrisons’ kids meal deal is also running at all cafes this May half term too.
Featured Image – Morrisons
Eurovision costumes, props and instruments are being auctioned off – and it’s a mad collection
Items from this year’s Eurovision Song Contest are being sold at auction this week, from iconic costumes to enormous props.
It means that fans of the massive event – this year held in Liverpool – will be able to snap up a permanent piece of Eurovision history.
Have you ever looked around your living room and thought ‘You know what this place really needs? Those giant purple hands that Kalush Orchestra danced on this year’?
Or ‘I hate this jumper. I wish a had a green one with a face on like those Daði Freyr Eurovision dancers’?
Or even ‘A set of fluffy pink and yellow heart-shaped cushions would really brighten the place up’?
Well now there’s an auction you might be interested in, with bids opening from just £5.
The original props, costumes, and even instruments are on sale now, until 11 June.
You could be turning the actual lectern thing that Graham Norton and Hannah Waddingham stood behind for the results show into a cool bar, or decorating your pad with the drums used in Sam Ryder’s powerful performance.
The top bids currently, just a few days after the auction started, stand at £500 – that’s for the presenter’s lectern and for the Daði Freyr jumpers.
Someone else has bid a whopping £250 for a set of fluffy cushions.
There are more than 60 items available to buy, including parts of the set, which were designed by Julio Himede and unveiled by the King and Queen.
The BBC has reported that 20% of the money raised will go to two different charities, split between ACC Liverpool Foundation and BBC Media Action, with the remaining 80% going back to BBC Studios to fund programmes and services.
Sally Mills, head of sustainability at BBC Studios said: “Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do, both on and off screen.
“We have a responsibility to operate with as minimal an impact on the environment as possible, and are always looking for innovative ways in which to further engage audiences with our content, and extend the life of our sets and costumes.
“What better way to do this than to give fans the opportunity to own a piece of Eurovision history?”