In partnership with Greene King pubs, the 80-year-old England icon is launching a competition for 66 fans aged 66+ to receive a £100 gift card to eat at any of their 3,100 locations across the UK, along with a framed certificate as a keepsake.
So, those who were 10 or older when England won in ’66 will be eligible for the competition and with the chain’s affordable menu, will be able to fuel themselves whilst watching this year’s winter World Cup without having to worry about the purse strings.
The man himself said “the World Cup is so much more than a football tournament, it’s a moment that unites the country and brings together friends and families in support of our team.
“This competition is a special thank you to reward fans from 1966, letting them enjoy the 2022 World Cup in style, plus they may just be the lucky charm we need to see us back to glory!”
Greene King Sports’ Chris Conchie said in a statement: “As the home of pub sport, we wanted to give the longest-serving England fans something to cheer about as we head towards the World Cup, sharing their first-hand experiences of one of the greatest sporting moments in England’s history.” Well in, lads.
For a chance of winning, guests can enter themselves or nominate a worthy friend or relative by entering the competition HERE, selecting their local pub and completing the entry form by 31st October.
Those of pensioner status fortunate enough to be chosen will be their pubs designated ‘Lucky Fan’ and given a safe space, along with plenty of hot meals as they sit back and watch the tournament.
Let’s bring it home, boys.
Featured Image — Greene King
Manchester City loanee João Cancelo looks ‘possessed’ in viral post-match interview
Manchester City loanee João Cancelo has gone viral after countless people online said that he looked “possessed” in a post-match interview over the weekend.
The 29-year-old City star, currently on loan at Barcelona, scored the winner for the Spanish giants in their game against Celta Vigo on Saturday, 23 September.
has already grabbed a couple of goals and an assist this season — one of them being the third in Barca’s 3-2 victory, which came in the 89th minute of the game.
So, naturally, Spanish media wanted to chat with him after full-time and we’d pay good money to know how this particular interviewer reacted after Cancelo suddenly started pulling these extremely weird faces mid-chat:
What the hell is going on? We have no idea but it’s certainly amused and intrigued people online.
With many commenting that he looks as though he’s suddenly become “possessed” by some sort of supernatural force and others joking that he must have just “come straight from a rave” to play a quick 90 minutes, people have been genuinely scratching their heads at the bizarre clip.
The video has been viewed over 12 million times on TikTok and reshared by countless other users across various different social media platforms.
Maybe he just had really dry eyes and an even drier mouth? Either that or he was still riding an absolute adrenaline high from this moment:
Despite being arguably one of the best players in the Premier League and winning plenty of silverware under Pep Guardiola, the two seemingly fell out sometime last season and Cancelo was ultimately sidelined by the Catalan coach sidelined.
Now playing at Pep’s boyhood club and enjoying regular minutes thus far (after also being out of the Bayern squad earlier this year), it remains to be seen whether the two will mend fences and the Portuguese star will return to the Etihad at some point in the future.
Marcus Rashford gives update after car crash on way home from Manchester United training ground
Marcus Rashford has given a health update after getting into a car crash on his way home from Manchester United’s training ground.
After the Red Devils managed to secure a 1-0 away win over the fellow North West side Burnley in a Premier League clash on Saturday, thanks to a goal in the 45th minute by Portuguese attacker Bruno Fernandes, the players then left for Manchester and made their way back on the team bus to the club’s training facility.
But once the team had arrived at Carrington, and then all departed to make their separate ways home, Marcus Rashford was confirmed to have been involved in a road traffic collision with another vehicle.
According to reports in The Sun newspaper, the Wythenshawe-born winger had just left Carrington in his Rolls Royce – which is believed to be a market value of £700,000 – when the incident happened.
It’s believed some damage was sustained to the luxury vehicle.
Pictures and footage – which showed the extent of the crash damage – began emerging online following the incident, but it’s understood that no ambulance was required at the scene, and the 25-year-old walked away “unhurt”, Sky News reports.
Now, the 25-year-old footballer has now spoken out for the first time on social media following the incident.
Breaking his silence after the horrific crash on Instagram, Rashford assured fans he was okay with the short-but- simple message: “3 points on the road! I’m alright guys, thanks for the messages.”
Although no confirmation on team selection has been revealed, with Rashford having sustained no injuries during the collision, many fans are expecting him to still be in the lineup when Manchester United face Crystal Palace in the Carabao Cup tomorrow (26 September).